PDA

View Full Version : Chefs De France

2 princes and a princess
11-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Hi Everybody,
I need your help. I currently have a ressie for Chefs de France, but now I'm not sure if I want to keep it. We are travelling with 3 small children and I'm not sure if they will "enjoy" it.
Could you please share your opinions on this restaurant? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Celeste

SBETigg
11-12-2008, 08:49 AM
True, it's not the most entertaining choice for small children. There are character meals and places with more amazing atmosphere. But it's also not a bad choice. It's bright, lovely, and kid-friendly. It was my daughter's favorite place when she was younger. So if you like the menu and want to enjoy a nice meal, there's something for everyone. But if you're truly centered on the kids and want every experience to be about them, then look into the character meals and more kid-centric dining. There are places they may be happier, but I don't think they'll be unhappy at Chefs.

J9
11-12-2008, 09:37 AM
We ate there last night for the first time in 16 years. I loved it! The waiters were fast, and almost seemed to be choreographed in their movements or something. It was amazing to watch.

I don't know what their kids menu was like, but I can say there were a lot of kids in the restaurant. As far as the adult menu goes, there was a lot on there. My dad had steak, my brother had duck (which i actually tried and surprisingly, I liked it) my mom had short ribs. I actually got macaroni with cheese and it was the best macaroni and cheese I ever had....EVER.

I hope that helps!!!!

tyandskyesmom
11-12-2008, 02:51 PM
My two (who were 9 and 3 at the time) loved it and asked for it again on this trip. They had Ratatouille menues for the kids that were chef hats and my kids shared and loved a meal with pasta and chicken tenders...and it was plenty for both of them. They had chocolate chunk cookies and milk for dessert. They loved it there and we will be there again on our next trip in 7 more days!!!

Natazu
11-12-2008, 03:17 PM
They are just as accommodating for kids as any eatery on property that isn't specifically geared towards kids. There are lots of pretty things to look at and the kids menu is ok.

That said, here's my restaurant review...

Chefs de France (Table Service) ☺☺☻
A lot of people think I hate this place. That’s not actually true. The menu was created expertly, some complex items and some, uh, simple ones. However, French cooking is not an art, it’s a science and the kitchen staff isn’t living up to the quality of the original creators. Chefs de France has fallen victim to the most common pitfall when the recipes aren’t created in-house… inconsistency. And that’s a deal breaker for me. Is the food at Chefs bad? No, but we just don’t bother eating there anymore. Give me consistently great food or leave it in the kitchen. Est-ce que c'est trop difficile?

mouseketeer mom
11-12-2008, 03:33 PM
We've eaten here twice, its just OK in our opinion. In planning our next trip my husband states he hopes we aren't going back to Le Chefs. I like the atmosphere, but the food is just blah. We liked it the first time, figured we'd give it another try, now we're done with it.

iheartdisney
11-12-2008, 08:59 PM
I would go ahead and keep your ADR, especially if you've never dined there before. It's very kid-friendly and you can try it for yourself and decide if it's worth visiting again. We've never had a bad meal there yet...but the last time we visited was 2 years ago...things may have changed.

illini
11-13-2008, 01:49 AM
It's a lovely restaurant. I thought the food was OK, certainly not exceptional. Admittedly, I"m not a big fan of Disney food so keep that in mind. Can't stand Boma or Kona even!

Anyway, my kids all liked it and were 9, 7 & 5 at the time. DD9 still raves about it (poss because she loves anything French). The creme brulee was excellent. Otherwise, it was fine but not memorable.

That said, it's still a nice dining experience. No worse than a lot of other food on property, IMO.

Maleficent's Dad
11-13-2008, 07:47 PM
They are just as accommodating for kids as any eatery on property that isn't specifically geared towards kids. There are lots of pretty things to look at and the kids menu is ok.

That said, here's my restaurant review...

A lot of people think I hate this place. That’s not actually true. The menu was created expertly, some complex items and some, uh, simple ones. However, French cooking is not an art, it’s a science and the kitchen staff isn’t living up to the quality of the original creators. Chefs de France has fallen victim to the most common pitfall when the recipes aren’t created in-house… inconsistency. And that’s a deal breaker for me. Is the food at Chefs bad? No, but we just don’t bother eating there anymore. Give me consistently great food or leave it in the kitchen. Est-ce que c'est trop difficile?
Jym,
I'm proud of you! Admitting that you "don't hate" Les Chefs!!! But you back up your opening statement with a significant post... once again, I bow and prostrate to your expertise.

As for me, I guess I've been lucky. I do not prefer lunch here - as we've had several bad experiences, but for dinner, I've had nothing but good (read: consistent) experiences.

True, it's not the most entertaining choice for small children. There are character meals and places with more amazing atmosphere. But it's also not a bad choice. It's bright, lovely, and kid-friendly.
Sherri,
Well said. My kids are fine with the place, and both have been here since before they were a year old.

And while they'd prefer to dine with Mickey & co., they don't mind Les Chefs. (It certainly doesn't hurt that my 7 year old daughter's favorite meat is roast duck!) They prefer the characters elsewhere, but they both appreciate that the food at most character meals is horrible! :mickey:

Natazu
11-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Jym,
I'm proud of you! Admitting that you "don't hate" Les Chefs!!! But you back up your opening statement with a significant post... once again, I bow and prostrate to your expertise.

I'm gonna look up some of those words and get back to you. ;)

Hammer
11-14-2008, 07:45 AM
And while they'd prefer to dine with Mickey & co., they don't mind Les Chefs. (It certainly doesn't hurt that my 7 year old daughter's favorite meat is roast duck!) They prefer the characters elsewhere, but they both appreciate that the food at most character meals is horrible! :mickey:

Frank, I love that your child is a fan of duck at the age of 7! Very nice!

andreallybadeggs
11-16-2008, 11:13 AM
...Give me consistently great food or leave it in the kitchen. Est-ce que c'est trop difficile?

Évidemment oui...c'est beaucoup trop difficile.
(Apparently yes, that IS too difficult)
Par exemple...Le Cellier ;)
But then again I should be the last to criticize since at our house we usually eat "cream of interesting" soups and casseroles. And they definitely stay in the kitchen.:D
But I digress... Kids I know enjoy Chefs but prefer Marrakesh. Hard to compete
with a belly dancer!