PDA

View Full Version : Revised Jan ADRs and a question.

bobpfef
11-11-2008, 11:39 AM
We've had to change our ADRs around a little bit to do splitting our resorts and not being on DDP the last two days.

Here is my question: My daughter has requested going back the Wilderness Canyon Cafe as she just loved it the last trip. What would you move off this list to add that?

7 - Wed-Yak & Yeti - Dinner
8 - Thur-Crystal Palace - Breakfast OOP - MK CS for lunch / dinner
9 - Fri - LeCellier - Dinner
10 - Sat - HoopDeeDo Review
11 - Sun - Coral Reef
12 - Mon - Boatwrights
13 - Tues - Ohanas
14 - Wed - NBA City (Universal for Blue Man Group)
15 - Thur - Spoodles
16 - Fri - Narcoosees
17 - Sat - Toyko Dining
18 - Sun - Trial's End (Breakfast) - CS for lunch / dinner
19 - Mon - Tusker House - Lunch

KylesMom
11-11-2008, 11:49 AM
I'd substitute your breakfast at Trail's End for a lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe. If you're planning on being at MK, it's just a short boat ride to WL and then back to the parks. :mickey:

bobpfef
11-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I'd substitute your breakfast at Trail's End for a lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe. If you're planning on being at MK, it's just a short boat ride to WL and then back to the parks. :mickey:

Can you still get the skillet for lunch?

KylesMom
11-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Yep - the skillet is substantially cheaper for lunch ($15.99) than for dinner ($24.95) per adult. The menu is a bit different, but it still consists of chicken, ribs, beans, mashed potatoes & cornbread. However, you don't have the pulled pork or peel & eat shrimp & salad that you get at dinner time.

At last glance, they were serving some type of pork sausage and cole slaw as well during lunch time. You could always eat CS breakfast & lunch, and go to Whispering Canyon for dinner, too. We've noticed that lunch time seems much more "tame" than dinner time!

Beast_fanatic
11-11-2008, 03:26 PM
I would drop Boatwright's if that is a dinner reservation as we had a less than fantastic experience there for dinner.

bobpfef
11-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Dropping Boatwrights for dinner was my other thought. We've never tried it and it has mixed reviews. The reason I booked it was that we need to get going early the next morning so I thought going to the local resort restaurant would make it an early night. Plus, the steaks on the menu look appealing.

Another thought is that I'm not sure I would want to do two all-you-can eat buffet places back-to-back and Ohanas is NOT going to move or my family would revolt :)

cer
11-11-2008, 04:32 PM
If you are looking for the entertainment from Whispering Canyon, I would not recommend lunch-time. We have been there twice for lunch and it is virtually empty. (at least in May '06 and Feb '08) If your child is expecting the same dinner type antics, you will be disappointed. The waiters still "cut-up" but no fun goes on with the ketchup and no stick horse races. It is just a very different atmosphere compared to dinner.

bobpfef
11-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Okay, I'm sold, switching out Boatwright's and adding in WCC.

I'm thinking of maybe adding Boatwright's back for breakfast though, as it seems to get more favorable reviews for that.

Thanks for your help