PDA

View Full Version : Free $500 pin code offer

Catzle
11-11-2008, 11:38 AM
I just received a pin code for a free $500 gift card at check in anyone else get this? Wonder if it would apply to the already discount I have. Just wondering if anyone else had gotten this or not.

mudpuppysmom
11-11-2008, 02:28 PM
I got this too.....it doesn't say you cannot use it to help pay for your package....it just says you get it when you check in, so if my math skills are right, if you book the package that says $535 per adult, one adult would have to pay $35 for their stay??

If you can't use it at check in, you sure could have some decent dinners on it!

coloradowendyl
11-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Packages must be paid in full 45 days in advance of travel. The Gift Card is presented at check in.

You would not have the gift card to use to pay the balance.

Wendy

mudpuppysmom
11-12-2008, 02:02 PM
That must be part of what they tell you on the phone....I just looked at the email again and I see nowhere on there where it says it must be paid for 45 days in advance.

Like I said though......you can still have a few really nice dinners!!

ldc12377
11-12-2008, 04:03 PM
It probably doesn't mention the 45 days because that is just the normal rule for packages.

I got that code also but haven't had a chance to call and see if that is a better deal than the buy4/get 7 deal that we already have booked. If it is then the $500 gift card with help with all the extras that my kids always think they "need" such as Mickey ear hats and mini-golf.

mermaidmarian
11-13-2008, 01:21 PM
I just received a pin code for a free $500 gift card at check in anyone else get this? Wonder if it would apply to the already discount I have. Just wondering if anyone else had gotten this or not.

I don't think I got it. Does it come from WDW itself or is it a Disney Visa promotion? Or something else? I have to admit that I don't always read all of the content on some of "Disney" mailings I get - particularly if I am not actively planning a trip (one is always imaginary planning a trip though, right?).

Who, what, when, where and WHY does one get a pin code?

Zimkeeper
11-14-2008, 06:49 PM
I got a pin code offer for a $500 gift card, but the dates of the offer are 4/19/09 through 6/27/09. We are going in December with the Disney VISA free dining offer so we won't be able to use this one. I never seem to get a pin code when I can use it:(

pixiesmimi
11-14-2008, 10:09 PM
We never seem to get an offer when we are going. I have gotten several lately and none of them are for when we are going next year. I hope they keep coming out with them at least through Aug - Sept next year. I sure hate to pass the good ones up. I haven't seen the $500 one yet, though. I did get one for a Disney Cruise though.

jrpersinger
11-14-2008, 11:20 PM
I don't think I got it. Does it come from WDW itself or is it a Disney Visa promotion? Or something else? I have to admit that I don't always read all of the content on some of "Disney" mailings I get - particularly if I am not actively planning a trip (one is always imaginary planning a trip though, right?).

Who, what, when, where and WHY does one get a pin code?

Yeah, how do you get such a code? That code would be just the kind of code I need to make sure that we can go on our trip!

CleveRocks
11-15-2008, 04:21 AM
That must be part of what they tell you on the phone....I just looked at the email again and I see nowhere on there where it says it must be paid for 45 days in advance.

Just for your future reference, Disney has 2 types of resort reservations: packages and room-only reservations.

Packages require a $200 deposit within 7 days of booking, and the full balance is due by 45 days before arrival.

Room-only reservations require a desposit of one night's room rate + tax within 7 days of deposit, and the full balance is due at time of check-in.

There are different cancellation policies, as well.

So regardless of the exact promotion, payment terms are dictated very strictly by whether it's a package or a room-only.

mouseketeer mom
11-15-2008, 08:33 AM
I got the same pin code last week. Sounds like a heck of a deal, however, we just booked for March for my daughters BD and the code is for April thru June. Too bad. The $500.00 gift card sounds terrific. However, I'm looking forward to the $200.00 gift card we'll get upon check in with the package we booked anyway!

bdm@pga
12-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Hey I'm gong in June...I'd gladly take someone's pin code!!!:mickey:;)

BMan62
12-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Hey I'm gong in June...I'd gladly take someone's pin code!!!:mickey:;)

Doesn't work that way. The Pin Code is linked to the person it was sent to. You must provide verification that you are that person.