PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst queue for an attraction?

BriarRose
11-11-2008, 11:36 AM
I know Disney does it's best with the theming of the queue's for the attractions since they know that you will probably be there for a while. Having just returned from WDW, I have come to the conclusion that I HATE standing in line for RnR. So much so that if the line is long and we don't have a fast pass, we are more likely to skip it.

What line do you hate to stand in?

dumbo ears
11-11-2008, 11:45 AM
definitely RNR also peter pan, tommorrowland speedway, stitch, test track, i mean it has some cool themeing but it takes for ever in standby.

MaxPower
11-11-2008, 11:58 AM
I've always thought that the queue for Big Thunder Mountain is like the queue you can find for a roller coaster in any Six Flags in the country.

In terms of "This wait is torture" I give my vote to Honey, I Shrunk The Audience.

laprana
11-11-2008, 12:01 PM
I've always thought that the queue for Big Thunder Mountain is like the queue you can find for a roller coaster in any Six Flags in the country.

:ditto: The BTMRR queue is long and hot in the summer! I'd also add the queue for the Voyage of the Little Mermaid in DHS...you're packed in while you're outside and then you're packed in again like sardines when you enter the pre-show area.

Polynesian Dweller
11-11-2008, 12:36 PM
For us there is nothing worse than RNRC. It is torture and you can see that in the faces of almost everyone the closer you get to the entrance door.

BigRedDad
11-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Boarin'

SBETigg
11-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Peter Pan's Flight.

Pigtunia
11-11-2008, 01:30 PM
JUNGLE CRUISE!!!

...and dishonourable mention to Test Track (only because I've been caught in there FAR too many times during break-downs).:(

kakn7294
11-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Big Thunder (HOT, HOT, HOT in there), Peter Pan (just long and slow), and Dumbo (no shade on hot days). I can put up with the rest of them for the most part if I was dumb enough to not get a FastPass.

johnO
11-11-2008, 02:30 PM

In terms of "This wait is torture" I give my vote to Honey, I Shrunk The Audience.

I've got to agree with you're assesment. Although I enjoy BTMRR, and the queue itself is not bad, when we were there a couple of weeks ago I noticed all of the gum on the roof shingles as you look down towards TSI and the ride itself. Usually WDW is impeccably clean. I reminded me of a six flags queue because of it. "The Demon", formerly a ride at Six Flags Great America in Illinois, had a wall that was covered with gum that you'd stand next to as you'd wait. Heat usually isnt a problemn there for us as we try to go during the 'Off season'....

I also agree that HISTA is a grueling wait too.

Stu29573
11-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Tomorrowland Speedway. Hot. No themeing, no payoff at the end.

laward32
11-11-2008, 02:46 PM
PP, RNRC, BTMRR, Soarin', HISTA, and Dumbo.:mickey:

beksy
11-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Definitely Peter Pan! Love the ride but only do it first thing in the morning or late at night when the lines are low.

DizneyRox
11-11-2008, 02:55 PM
I think I'm having deja vu (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=140762)

Belster
11-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Big Thunder Mountain!

IamBelle
11-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Peter pan, and toy story mania hands down have some of the longest lines

SpecJoe Magic
11-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Test Track is the worst for me because the line moves slowly, the music is annoying, and the constant sounds of the machines get old really fast.

snerd475
11-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Gotta agree with BTMRR, and Peter Pan, I won't wait if it's more than 20 min.

But I will NOT wait more than 5 minutes in the queue for the Maelstrom! It is so dark and claustrophobic and smelly in there! If it's longer than that, I'll use FP or skip it.

Seasonscraps
11-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Test Track is the worst for me because the line moves slowly, the music is annoying, and the constant sounds of the machines get old really fast.

You read my mind - TT is the most annoying.

mainemajor
11-11-2008, 06:41 PM
I must agree with those that said BTRR. It is hot and boring.
There are several rides I won't wait in line for such as Peter Pan, Snow White, Pooh, Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land.
While I like Sorin, I will not wait more than 10 minutes for it and will fast pass it whenever possible

minnesotafreeze
11-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Soarin and those concrete hallways.:mickey:

Imagineer1981
11-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Boarin'

Agreed!!!! if I wanted to stand in line at an airport, i would have stayed at MCO

4ubie1
11-12-2008, 10:31 AM
One queue that makes me want to :fit: is RnRC. I hate the lines that weave back and forth and have nothing really of any interest to look at. I especially hate having to wait outside. Just when you think you are making any progress, they open the doors to let you inside and then you find yourself in yet another queue. :down:

I also hate the queues that not only weave back and forth but only have a single lil rope separating you from the people in front and behind you. You would not believe how many people i have seen sneak under those ropes to get ahead! :fit:

At least most queues in WDW are people friendly :thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
11-12-2008, 12:17 PM
TT and Soarin.....

....TT the constant, clicking, clanging kills me...

Soarin is just so bland and long....

:party: we'll be there in 45 days !!!:mickey:

honeebee86
11-12-2008, 03:21 PM
I'd have to say Soarin' just because the lines are always long and move slow!!! There is not much to look at. I have not been there since they added the interactive stuff since I usually use fast-pass for this anyhow. Also, Test track. Sure, the queue has interesting things but it can be very loud and sometimes the line moves s----------l----------o----------w

MickeysEars
11-12-2008, 03:55 PM
I hate the Speedway--stinky!! ANd Dumbo takes forever. The sorin one is the most boring

PixiePrincess
11-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Peter Pan--long lines, and nothing to look at!

SandmanGStefani24
11-12-2008, 07:58 PM
soarin is the worst, with nothing to look at or hold your attention. plus, the passageways are so narrow you usually get kicked in the backs of your legs most of the wait.
i love space mountain, but it isnt much better when you're waiting in the slowpass line. a dark, short, and narrow hallway again with nothing to look at doesnt make for much of a wait.

i love both rides, but the waits are a killer!:thedolls:

Laughin' place
11-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Dumbo is long, usually hot and sunny, and not much payoff (unless your DS loved elephants the way mine did). It was a decent line to people watch in, but the most interminable and uncomfortable

Pixie Power
11-12-2008, 10:37 PM
The ride that instantly popped into my mind was Soarin'. There are others as well, but Soarin' came to me first and foremost.

Bobby T
11-13-2008, 12:10 AM
I always use Fastpass for Soarin', but it sounds like the interactive "enhancements" in the standby line have not done much to improve the queue.

And as for the poster who said the Jungle Cruise, did you confuse this post with the BEST Queue for an attraction? :D

As for my worst queue, I wouldn't even call the line for Dumbo, Peter Pan, etc..."queues" as there is no attempt to theme those appropriately. But there is for Test Track...and considering that most of the "tests" aren't working, that goes down as the worst for me.

hardingella
11-13-2008, 04:24 AM
Tomorrowland Speedway. Hot. No themeing, no payoff at the end.

Not only HOT, but WET when raining, I would also add Dumbo and Test Track, those car clanging noises drive me INSANE.

Stu29573
11-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Not only HOT, but WET when raining, I would also add Dumbo and Test Track, those car clanging noises drive me INSANE.

True about TT. I actually forgot about that, but if I get stuck in there for any amount of time at all, I feel the head start to ache! :(

brownie
11-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Dumbo. Although Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is pretty unimaginative.

Maybe all these new queue lines that are really an attraction unto themselves are spoiling us. I know one of the motivations for the original queues at Disneyland was the opportunity to interact with others while you waited in line. I've never experience much of that myself aside from the people I'm with, though.

Granny Jill A
11-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Test Track without a doubt.

Bang - Clank - Bang - Clank

Ahhhhhhhhh.....:crazy:

Any ride that makes you wait in the sun is also a bummer.

speedmouse93
11-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Waiting in line for Kali River Rapids is really torture when it is really HOT! Also Peter Pan and Soarin':pout:

vividms
11-15-2008, 01:25 PM
I refuse to ever stand in line for RnR standby. I will only fastpass that ride or skip it. I hate queues that zig zag and you keep seeing the same people over and over.

JasonH
11-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Usually when I go, the fam and I use FP sooo much to our advantage, we don't wait very long in lines. I would say they could definitely do more in regards to Stitch's Escape. It isn't until you get inside that it's good on the theming.

DakotaDisney
11-15-2008, 06:24 PM
I think there are 2 categories:

The older rides, ones that haven't updated their queues and the newer rides that have been built or updated since Disney started making the queues such an important part of the ride experience.

Older one are BTMRR, I LOVE the ride, but many of you are right. Once you enter under the shelter, it is like any other amusement park ride line.

Newer rides - Soarin, I LOVE the ride, but in Disney new age of rides the line is long and uninteresting until you get to the pre-ride video. I understand they have a long distance to get you to go from the Land over to where there was room for the ride, but you think they could have done more with the line/queue area like they do with their other new rides.

dtootsie42
11-15-2008, 07:04 PM
For me its Big Thunder, Peter Pan and Soarin...except at Soarin I do a lot of people watching and have seen some amazing behavior so that can either make the wait fly or the wait can become very uncomfortable.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-16-2008, 06:00 PM
I think Peter Pans Flight has the worst queue EVER! :mickey:

CU Tiger
11-17-2008, 12:33 PM
I am tired of the Honey I shrunk the audience preshow.:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
11-17-2008, 04:47 PM
1) it's a small world !
2) The area is fine, but you hear that song over-and-over.

skadar2
11-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Soarin by far has the worst queue with respect to being completely and utterly boring. There is absolutely nothing there to look at or read or otherwise occupy your mind.

Compare to Kali River Rapids or Everest and you can see the enormous contrast.

ravsluvdisney
11-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Have to go with with Peter Pan as #1. Not tops on our list as a "must do" anyway, but no matter when you pass that attraction there is always a line....a long, slow moving line.

#2 - My DS' have passed the Dumbo riding age but man, another painfully slow mover to get on a ride and then slowly move in a circle.

#3 - Test Track. Hey, great ride but I'm not exactly running to a GM dealership if THIS is how reliable their vehicles are! Way to many line stops.

RAIDER
11-19-2008, 06:23 AM
Soarin
Peter Pan
and Test Track

there evil :thedolls::(

AmandaChan
11-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Someone asked this same question not too long ago and I believe I said Honey I Shrunk the Audience! That ridiculously long queue makes it hard for me to motivate myself to see the attraction.

disneyworld55925592
11-19-2008, 05:29 PM
SOARIN' and the worst thing about it is not only the theming but that its very wide and you have to stand like four across so that no one trys to sneak by and cut you. Its a very stressful wait for me!

disneychick62
11-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Test Track and Soarin...no question :ack:

JWB3
11-21-2008, 04:00 PM
I'd have to agree that TT and RnR are among the worst, but I've also found that the "singles only" line for each works really well, even faster than FP's. Last time I was there (late Oct.) I was able to almost walk on - five minute wait tops - while the other lines took much longer.