PDA

View Full Version : what to pack for a Thanksgiving disney vacation

momofboys
11-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Hello all,
This is our first trip to Disney with our children (ages 5,3, and 1). we are arriving Nov. 22 and will be leaving Nov. 29th. What do I need to pack in regards to the weather in Florida at that time? I also welcome any other advise about packing and traveling with a small child. Thanks:

disneymom15
11-11-2008, 10:41 AM
:welcome: Check out the weather link under trip planning. He's very accurate in his forecast. I always start checking his link about 3 weeks out so I can plan on what to pack. I would say during the day you'll be fine with summer type clothes. For the evenings you may need long pants and possibly a sweatshirt.
Enjoy your trip.

Strmchsr
11-11-2008, 10:42 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

As far as weather, it's a little early to say for sure, but check the weather thread at the top of this forum for details. Right now the long term models are changing almost every run, but in general it looks like highs that week will be mid 60s to around 70 with lows in the mid 40s.

BigRedDad
11-11-2008, 10:55 AM
I'll be there that week too and have been watching the weather closely. The models are trending it to be a little cooler. However, weather in FL can change on a dime. I will wait until the night before to pack.

scootch713
11-11-2008, 12:48 PM
The weather forecast has been changing daily!! so it is frustrating. For us, we usually have shorts/tshirt and zip hoodie for morning... get rid of hoodie about 1030-11ish.. then 530pm you need jeans and a light jacket. There are some downright chilly evenings with the wind factored in, so if you have a medium weight jacket or better yet, some layering clothes, it will be helpful.

buzznwoodysmom
11-11-2008, 01:49 PM
We were there last year for Thanksgiving and it was our 3rd time traveling to WDW during the time period between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I can tell you that your best bet is to pack a bit of everything. We've worn coats and hats and gloves and gone swimming all during the same trip. Sometimes the beginning of your trip can be warm enough for summer type clothes and swimming, but the second half of your trip feels like winter. It is very hard to know what the weather will be like in Florida, seems its always changing. We've always found it wise to pack enough of everything for our trips this time of year. Have a great trip. We were there last year for Thanksgiving and it was one of our best trips ever!!

robyn221
11-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Welcome to Intercot!

Thanksgiving week can be a very busy time. You may want to pack a few things to entertain the kids while you're standing on queue, such as favorite books, sticker books, and other such activities. When my kids were small, we liked the activity sets with the markers that only work on the special paper. Also, keep a stash of special snacks on hand for rewards or to diffuse the occasional meltdown. And, regardless of whether you're staying onsite or off, schedule breaks so both you and the kids can rest up. That will also go a long way to keeping the meltdowns to a minimum.

Have a great trip!

Robyn:mickey:

momofboys
11-14-2008, 11:03 PM
Thanks to all for the replys. Your advise is great!