PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Rapid Rewards

WDWFanatic
11-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Does anyone know how SW RR system works? I tried to book tickets today for our trip in April and we couldn't get flights for our return trip. So now we are going to fly home into a further airport.

Have any of you been able to get RR tickets on flights after they had said none were available? They said if anything became available we could switch without a fee.

Any hints on when to check with SW?

Thank you!

Tink1
11-11-2008, 10:21 AM
I was trying for PHL-SEA for our Alaska trip last July. It did not help that we were flying close to the 4th.

Airfare on other lines were ridiculous and I kept procrastinating on buying thinking they HAD to go down.

I finally found Reward flights for a July 2 departure on April 24th (still have the email)

So keep watching. They do pop up.

nanc

thumperbug
11-11-2008, 11:08 AM
I had saved up a bunch of rapid reward flights to use for my upcoming trip in Feb 09. Of course the morning they released those dates and I went to book...I found out they were only accepting FREEDOM rewards for those dates...not standard. I was quite annoyed. So instead of getting 3 free round trip tickets...I ended up with 1 (had to combine 2 standards to get 1 freedom) and pay for the rest.

I tried to be very flexible with my dates but there was nothing I could do.

Good luck!

Here we go again...
11-12-2008, 05:02 AM
Wow, I did not know the rewards program changed. I used to be able to get flights to anywhere at any time... no black out and no restrictions. 16 credits covered a round trip flight.
I guess a lot happens when you do not fly as much as you used to.