PDA

View Full Version : WS Lunch: Help Me Choose

SBETigg
11-10-2008, 07:46 PM
We're headed back for our first trip without kids in nineteen years. It's a brief midweek visit, three night stay, Deluxe Dining with hopper passes at the Grand Floridian (our honeymoon resort). We know we want three special, relaxed dinners at Citricos, California Grill, and Jiko. We'll have one breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe. We plan two lunches at Epcot, World Showcase. This is where I'm stuck. I've narrowed it to four choices. Which would you choose? Or make another suggestion. Thanks!

Kairi_7378
11-10-2008, 09:19 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with any of those choices. However, I voted for Rose and Crown and Marakesh because those are the most different from your other dining choices. (As well as being favorites of ours.)

I'm surprised that San Angel Inn isn't on your list... isn't that one of your traditional lunch places? Or are you trying to establish some new traditions on this trip?

Bethanymouse
11-10-2008, 10:29 PM
I would go with Le Cellier and Teppan Edo. We love the hibachi style of cooking, it is a show in itself and the food is great. Something a little different!

henry.james.s
11-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Teppan Edo..a hit EVERY TIME!! :number1:

Belster
11-10-2008, 10:55 PM
We love Chef de France! I do not feel like this place is given enough credit.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
11-11-2008, 02:10 AM
Rose & Crown in England is delicious!

Le Cellier is amazing.

Hope that helps!

Chris :hatter:

dlpmikki
11-11-2008, 04:08 AM
Le Cellier and Chefs de France - France was very good at lunchtime when we went in May and Le Cellier is always nice!

yjgirl32
11-11-2008, 08:51 AM
My vote is Le Celler- I haven't been to this place yet, but I hear it's great. I would choose Coral Reef- I did eat hear and thought it was very relaxing and fun for my ds3. Good luck! Have a great trip!

ElenitaB
11-11-2008, 08:57 AM
I love a nice relaxing lunch in a pleasant atmosphere, and think that Chefs de France fits the bill quite well.

TinkerbellT421
11-11-2008, 09:44 AM
I voted for LeCellier one of my all time favorites...hoping to go there this year too :mickey::thumbsup:

SBETigg
11-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Laura, very astute! Yes, San Angel Inn is a lunch tradition for us when we're traveling with the kids. It's their favorite, but we like it, too. We're skipping it because time is short and the teenagers won't be along to request it this once.

This is also the reason for skipping Teppan Edo. We have some great hibachi places we visit with the kids around home, and Teppan Edo will be on our list for a future visit with the kids. It's a great choice, just not this time.

I'm still really torn. They're all so good. Le Cellier we tried for the first time last time, liked it a lot but found it slightly overrated. Still, for a one credit experience, it is one of the best. Chefs de France is a big sentimental favorite. We haven't been in years, but it wasn't great the last time we were there. Glad to hear you had a great meal, Mikki. Rose & Crown, we love the atmosphere. We're sure to stop in at the pub whether we eat there or not. Marrakesh is one our kids have decided they don't like, even though they loved it the one time we were there. So we haven't been back, but the DH and I liked it a lot. He's leaning toward Marrakesh and Rose & Crown, I think. But the trip is my 40th birthday present, so it's really all up to me. Thanks for the opinions! You're helping me narrow it down, though I sound as indecisive as ever. :blush:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
11-11-2008, 04:52 PM
All solid choices but I went with Marrakesh and LeCellier. Rose and crown is good but for us the other two are great!

DDuck66
11-12-2008, 09:53 AM
LeCellier is always a good choice...but we recently tried the Rose and Crown and it has become one of our faves. In fact we are eating there for the CP in November.

SBETigg
11-12-2008, 10:00 AM
I knew Le Cellier would be the flyaway favorite on the poll, but I had no idea the other choices would all stay about even. Too funny. We've ruled out Le Cellier, because we did do it last trip and though it is good, it's not a must do for us. As for the others, it's still a toss up on which one we eliminate and which two we choose. So tough to decide!

I was ready to go Rose & Crown and Marrakesh, but I've read some great reviews for Chefs lately and it was our favorite place when we honeymooned, so I don't know yet. But I know I can't go wrong either way. Maybe I should convince the DH to add a night so we can do them all! Ha! No, not happening. Decisions, decisions.

IamBelle
11-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Marrakesh for lunch has the best lamb and chicken platter, it is so good, we had lunch there twice on our trip. And, if you go at the right time, you might be able to catch the Morraccan performers.

JasonH
11-15-2008, 02:14 PM
I chose Le Cellier as one of my choices. Always has been a fave of mine what with the prime rib and sauteed mushrooms they have...and don't forget the cheddar cheese soup. :thumbsup:

But I went with other for my second choice. I would suggest Nine Dragons in my opinion. I had found it to be good food when I was last there, and it was the first time I tried duck and enjoyed it. And it tends to be on a somewhat intimate setting as not many seem to go there. I would have included San Angel Inn also but I read that you had gone there a lot already.

dmosher
11-15-2008, 03:31 PM
No kids! Awesome! It will be even more fun for just the two of you. If I had to choose I would say Le Cellier, though it is more romantic if you wait till the last possible reservation of the night. As for the lunch, if you can get to Rose and Crown and don't midn the wait, on the back area outside is a great place for 2 to eat.
:Pipes:
D

threeh
11-17-2008, 11:10 AM
my vote is for Marekesh and Tokyo Dining!!!:mickey:
Have a great trip!!

Disnamic Duo
11-17-2008, 03:20 PM
R&C has become one of our favorites. We had lunch there a couple weeks ago (Halloween Day), and it was fantastic! Be sure to get the cheese appetizer - it's delicious. I also had pea soup - also delicious (if you like pea soup).

GrmGrninGost
11-19-2008, 05:41 PM
I prefer LeCellier! :mickey:

Ropachs
11-19-2008, 06:24 PM
We tried Le Cellier last month for the first time and enjoyed it very much.
Haven't tried the other 3, but am very curious about R&C now, maybe you could go and give me a full report:)

mouseketeer mom
11-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Le Chefs would be terrific for lunch. Light and delicious. To us, a perfect lunch place for two.

Rose and Crown as well. Grown up and yummy. Add in a table by the water and you're set!