PDA

View Full Version : Directv HDDVR Remote Question

d_m_n_n
11-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Please help this technology challenged soul!! We recently updated our Tivo with the HDDVR from Directv. Before I never had to watch a single commercial since I could easily flip between two channels (without having to record one of the shows). Is there any way to do that on my new system? I can't find a button to push to flip to the other tuner. This is driving me :crazy: .

pdrlkr
11-10-2008, 04:41 PM
There is a prev button to flip back and forth between the previous channel. It is on the bottom right of the remote. You do have to watch one of the channels if you are recording two at one time. You can also fast forward through the commercials like I do. :thumbsup:

jonah'smom
11-10-2008, 06:02 PM
We also went from the Tivo to the HDDVR receiver, and I hate not being able to flip between the two tuners. The only way to do that is to actually record both of the shows. Too complicated! Anyway, DH says that they are coming (may have already came out) with an HDTivo receiver. Not sure if we'd be able to upgrade, but I much prefer the Tivo portion of it. You know they have to have that HD though. :)

d_m_n_n
11-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Thank you so much for your replies. Our Tivo bit the dust and I sent DH to buy the replacement...I figured they were all the same. Oh well...I'm sure I will learn to love this new receiver...:cool:

scoot241
11-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Overall, I like the DirecTV HD-DVR, but it doesn't have Dual Live Buffers like Tivo. The only way around it is to record both shows and use the Prev. button.

Simply using the Prev. button will erase the buffer and you won't be able to go back to where you left off on the show you switched from.