PDA

View Full Version : How do you switch from one resort to another

bobpfef
11-10-2008, 01:28 PM
To make the new deal Disney announced work out for our plans we had to split our stay this time to two different resorts. Most of our trip we'll be staying at POR (which we love), but the last three days were are moving to Fort Wilderness Cabins.

Has anyone else done this?

I'm not really sure how this works. Do we need to check out of POR and drag our bags on the bus? How does the dining plan work? Do we get seperate tickets for that? Is this going to be a big hassle?

Thanks

BigRedDad
11-10-2008, 01:39 PM
I called the front desk of WL because we are in a similar situation. Because of flight prices, it was cheaper to fly out the next day and get a value room for the night. They said we needed to bring our luggage down and inform them it needs to be transferred to PC. That is all. Once at PC, I just call luggage services and have them brought to the room.

wendy*darling
11-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Switching resorts during your vacation is really pretty simple.
On the day you are to move-
1) Check out of the first resort in the morning.
2) Bring your bags down to Bell Services (or call for them to pick them up). Tell them which resort you are moving to. They will deliver them to the new resort between 1 & 3pm, so make sure anything you need before then is with you for the day.
3) This is not necessary, but we usually make an ADR for breakfast (or lunch) at the new resort. So, we leave resort #1 and head to resort #2. In your case, I would take the bus to the MK, and then catch the boat to FW. Or just take a taxi over to FW from resort #1.
4) Check in at resort #2 and then go have fun in the parks for the day. They will give you your new room keys. If your room is not yet ready, you will get a phone number to call. That way you can see when your room does become ready.
5) The Dining Plan will be new at resort #2. So make sure you use up any remaining credits from resort #1 before midnight on your check out day. When you check in to resort #2- those new credits will be available right away. So technically, you could have 2 valid DDPs at the same time (for one day).

We enjoy switching resorts during our vacations. It lets us experience more Disney Resorts- it's like starting a new vacation!

Enjoy! :mickey:

tnpoohbear
11-10-2008, 04:18 PM
We did this on one of our previous trips we spent 3 days at Grand Floridian and then 3 days the POR. It was great and easy! We had our bags packed at the Grand Floridian left them in the room and Bell services picked them up. Then when we went over to POR our bags were there at Bell services and we checked in and they delivered them to our room. I never knew it would be so easy:mickey:

bobpfef
11-11-2008, 11:09 AM
So you don't need to bring your bags down to the lobby? Sweet!

Belle619
11-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Yes, we had to divide our last trip between the Contemporary and GF because they couldn't book our whole trip at one location. All we had to do was pack up our stuff and inform them which resort we needed it transported to. It was so simple that for our next trip we're considering doing it again so that we can experience more resorts at WDW. :mickey: