PDA

View Full Version : Down time while at Convention

The REAL Cinderella
11-10-2008, 01:24 PM
My fiance is attending a conference at CS and I am planning on surprising him by meeting him down there!

Any suggestions on what to do during the daytime when he is at the convention? We have theme park tickets for the times he has free.

Any suggestions are greatly appricated.

tigger24601
11-10-2008, 01:30 PM
downtown disney. get some great shopping in or catch a movie at the amc theater.

i don't know what time of year you are going but you could also go check out some of the other resorts. just hop on the bus, head to a park and hop on another resorts bus. when you've got time to kill it's a great way. and if it's during the holidays it's amazing to see the way all the resorts are decorated.

DDuck66
11-10-2008, 03:34 PM
I would suggest the Resort Hopping. You can shop at the different resorts while seeing some different things and aspects of resorts you may not have stayed at before. If you hit DTD, you can eat at some nice restaurants without having to have ADR's. We love Wolfgang Puck's Express and the new T-rex is currently open and is on a walk up basis.

Aggie97
11-10-2008, 05:25 PM
I had a couple days to myself last Nov. while my husband was at a work conference. I spent one of the days resort hopping and shopping, which was fun. The other day I sat in a lounge chair by the pool with a great book and drinks from the pool bar; I grabbed lunch from the resort CS and ate outside as well. It was very relaxing! :mickey: