PDA

View Full Version : Does Poly have a hot tub by the pool?

auntbaloo
11-10-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm considering the Poly vs. WL for our Christmas vacation next year. One of my deciding factors is does the Poly have a hot tub by one of their pools to help me recouperate after a long day at the parks?

Mammabruski
11-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Nope,
No hot tub. Its one of the reasons my DM won't stay there. You can use the GF's hot tub though.

tikiman
11-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Nope,
No hot tub. Its one of the reasons my DM won't stay there. You can use the GF's hot tub though.

Actually you can not use the GF hot tub but you can use the GF Spa and Fitness club hot tub which is closer to the Polynesian down the beach. Infact some Polynesian rooms are closer to the Spa than some of the GF rooms.

There is a jetted area to sit at the end of the Polynesian pool that is set up like a hot tub without the hot water. The water can be a little warmer at that area because the heated water returns there so when the pool first opened they called it a "warmer water area" but it is not a hot tub.

lockedoutlogic
11-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Actually you can not use the GF hot tub but you can use the GF Spa and Fitness club hot tub which is closer to the Polynesian down the beach. Infact some Polynesian rooms are closer to the Spa than some of the GF rooms.

There is a jetted area to sit at the end of the Polynesian pool that is set up like a hot tub without the hot water. The water can be a little warmer at that area because the heated water returns there so when the pool first opened they called it a "warmer water area" but it is not a hot tub.

this brilliant designwas one of the DUMBER moves in Disney resort history.....

they redid that entire pool from the swamp up....complete demolition and replacement....in 2001

All the other Deluxes have mutliple hot tubs....

they couldn't squeeze one in?

the poly has a lot of things going for it.....but this is a massive strike against it.

tikiman
11-10-2008, 03:58 PM
I am sure that is the opinion of some but not all. I can see how some would be disappointed.

When the Polynesian and GF pools were being designed in the late 90s they were moving away from having hot tubs at resorts for a few reasons that are not necessary to get into because they don’t change the fact that Disney had decided that having the hot tubs had more negatives than positives at the time. It was not really anything the resort itself could do anything about and I don’t see that it has kept their attendance down so it is what it is. I know the last GM had looked into the possibility of adding one just because it was in the top 5 of complaints but I have not heard anything since then. Could be that they are still considering it for some later rehab.

Just wanted to share that you are correct that they could have fit one but it was an upper level decision to leave hot tubs out of all new designs for that time period

Auntie
11-11-2008, 11:29 AM
We stayed Poly in early October. I haven't been there in many years..and was truly impressed with this resort. They have brightened up the exterior of the long houses with subdued, yet somewhat lighter colors, with brightly colored detailing. Dark brown on brown everywhere is gone. No more "Brandy Bunch in Hawaii" feel to it. The resort was IMMACULATE. The rooms which when we last stayed seemed dark(and had a moldy odor to them), were incredibly spacious, fresh,clean, and nicely deocrated. The resort staff was professional, from check in to the bell services. We had a room over looking the quiet pool in Toukaleu(sorry spelling). It was garden view pricing..and exactly where we wanted to be. I'd request it again. Centrally located. We rather liked that it was away from the main themed pool, which could get crazy with the kiddies. You felt as if you were really on a relaxing vacation. Yet..you were a moment away from the Disney experience. While monorail isn't a breaker for us when choosing a resort..as we prefer the leisurely water launch. The boat from Poly to the MK was quick and often. It did stop on the way back at the GF.(oh..the hardships we must endure!) I've been a LONG time Wilderness Lodge fan. Didn't see what others saw in the Poly. Only this time around..I'm hooked. In fact we went to the WL just last week...and I have to say, I am so spoiled by the leisurely pace of the Poly, I didn't find the Lodge nearly as enjoyable as we normally do, and it does have a hot tub. Two of them in fact. Only they were usually crowded with kids. I do wish that Poly did offer a hot tub. I visted the Caribbean Beach, and noted that even being a moderate that offers a hot tub as well. I see no reason that a hot tub couldn't be added. Especially near the quiet pool...certainly a hot tub could be added to a garden area ..only then it might bring more crowds that way..forget I said anything. I'll take the Poly with or without a hot tub! :thumbsup: (with a discounted AP rate of course!)