PDA

View Full Version : Crowds at MK duing X-mas parade taping day

RockinRollerMom
11-10-2008, 09:40 AM
I'd love to hear from people who have been at MK on the day that the parade was taped.

We have no desire to actually watch the parade. From what I have read on previous threads it is pretty boring.

My question is on the crowds in the park. DD and DH really want to check out MK that day. Since they route you around Main St. DD and DH thought that alone would be fun to see.

So my initial plan is to head over to MK in the morning leave and leave around lunch time. I have previously read that once the parade taping ends every-one who was there for the taping will enter the park and it will be mobbed. MK is open til midnight that night. So I was thinking of maybe hading back around 8pm or so.

Has any-one ever been there on this day? What were the crowds like?

Disneytrotters
11-10-2008, 11:18 AM
In 2006 we were at the MK during the parade taping. It was SO crowded that you couldn't get on anything!!! We finally gave up and went to another, quieter park. Big Crowd!!! Plus, only the people "invited" to the taping get to see anything. The rest of you are detoured around all of the main action (which is slow and boring).:(

HeadFairyInCharge
11-10-2008, 11:32 AM
We are also scheduled to be there on that particular Saturday. Can't change now -I got a ADR since June for the Castle Breakfast with Cindy and friends. My DD wants to go so much I have to keep hoping it won't be bedlem. Heard on this board that Main Street will be very busy with Taping and roped off from the rest of the visitors. Only special ticket holders get in, I am shooting for a quiet morning everywhere else and if it is too crowded I will switch out our afternoon and visit another park. Although I am curious who will be performing in this years parade, could be fun too see someone famous and then slip out !
Good luck to you !!!:mickey: