PDA

View Full Version : Weather and crowds first week of June

Zippy 1
11-09-2008, 08:54 PM
:mickey: I know I keep asking time of year and weather questions! We have only been to the World twice - once Thanksgiving until first week of December and then last year early November. We are trying to do a trip around our DD 14 school schedule. She gets out May 29th. So I am wondering if crowd levels first week of June would be on the lighter side as many schools do not get out that early. But I am worried about the weather. Is it real hot and humid by this time? I use to live on the east coast (New York) so I know humidity in the summer is a factor. Any advice would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twinsowner
11-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Crowds arent rediculous but it is warm. The main thing to remember, and it may not bother you since you are from New York and Colo., but that is usually Gay week. You can read about it in many threads on this site if you search it.

EmmMOM2
11-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Yes, it is usually gay week as the PP said.
But it is also VERY warm that time of year.
I always prefer going in off season and pulling my kids out of school for the week.
But it's up to you.

Mackflava99
11-10-2008, 08:45 AM
We usually go the 2nd or 3rd week of June depending on when kids get out of school-
( we usually check in the day after their last day of school)
Yes its hot, but not unbareable if you manage your day and your hydration well.
Crowds are ok, prtty crowded in the am and much lighter later ( i guess heat does its toll)
it will rain alot, at times throughout the day.but nothing that ruins an entire day,again, ponchos and good time management works well.
We usually spend the hottest hours by the pool, and then visit parks either early or in the afternoon. It works very well.