PDA

View Full Version : Weather, Crowds, etc. in mid March

Zippy 1
11-09-2008, 04:18 PM
We are thinking about a trip from March 13-22nd. We have never been this time of year. I was wondering about crowds, weather, etc for this time period? We would be able to do the P&P party while there. That would be a first for us. Any comments on the party would also be appreciated!! Thanks in advance:mickey:

Sunshine1010
11-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Weather is awesome....but my family and I swore we'd never go again during Spring Break. It was UNBELIEVABLY crowded. Sometimes, things were literally at a standstill for like 10 minutes (just walking through Main Street and near Thunder Mountain".

Easter vacation is in April this year, so the crowds may not be as bad...but they'll still be pretty heavy.

(my opinion)

wickersham
11-09-2008, 05:18 PM
My family of 5 went about this time in 2007. This is spring break time in Texas. The weather was glorious! It was crowded, but the crowds didn't bother us as we had done our homework and had created a great plan with help from several sources, including Tour Guide Mike, which was right on for advice. Except for one night with a technical glitch that closed Space Mountain, we never waited more than 15 minutes for any attraction. We are morning people so arriving at the parks each morning by opening time worked well for us and helped us to beat the crowds. The only part I didn't like was the higher Disney resort rates. Still, I'd go again at this time because it was so pleasant and my kids didn't have to miss school. :mickey:

honeebee86
11-09-2008, 07:39 PM
It will be crowded!!!! Florida does not have a February break like some of the schools in the North do, they have a week of in March instead plus, colleges have their sprink break as well and they make stops at the theme parks before heading to the beaches. However, it is hard to tell if it will be as crowded as past years given the economy. You just need to keep in mind the crowd levels may be quite high and prepare for the worst. Make a rough plan of how you want to spend your days. If you are staying on property, make use of the extra magic hours and also having park hopper would most likely be worth the extra cost during this time of the year, that way you can go to another park if the one you are in is too crowded. Just make use of fast pass and get them early if the ride is popular and lines build up fast and stay long (like Soarin'). On a positive note, the weather is GREAT!!!!:cloud9: