PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed w/ shortened DP list

MirandaC
11-09-2008, 02:43 PM
I booked our June trip with the new promo so had to make some quick decisions!! On our last trip my hubbie and I noted the DP and made a mental note to check on that when our next trip came up. well, in a snap decision i decided to go ahead and get the plan added on. I had already checked the list of restaurants that are available, but low and behold, the list is super short for 2009, i had been looking at the 2008 list!:blush:

Anyone else make that mistake? Do you think some restaurants may be added on by our trip in June 09?

medic9016
11-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Not all the restaurants are owned by Disney. They have to renew thier contract and then they will be added to the list for the dining plans. That will be done in the next month or so.

henry.james.s
11-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Do your planning based on the current list. The chances that the final 2009 list will be any different are very slim.

MickeysEars
11-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Does anyone know where i might find the 2009 list?

DisneyBabies
11-09-2008, 06:03 PM
I had this question as well and I went straight to the best source I could think of. . .

FIGMENT!

Jason toild me the same thing medic9016 said. Some of the other restaurants, ESPECIALLY those in WS in Epcot, will not be confirmed on the plan until just prior to the new year. There is very little reason to think that the restaurants won't renew their contracts. They have been a part of the plan every year so far, so it doesn't seem like they won't be for 2009.

I made my ressies on the assumption that they will be on the plan and if it turns out they aren't, I'll cancel and do something else.

MirandaC
11-09-2008, 09:10 PM
thanks for the feedback! this totally eases my mind! i will definitely plan using the 2008 list and hope for the best! thanks again:thumbsup:

iheartdisney
11-09-2008, 09:57 PM
I didn't realize that not all WDW restaurants participated in the dining plan. Is this new? Or new-ish? We haven't been in about a year (for a short trip). Did we just luck out and all the restaurants we wanted happened to be on the list? And I don't remember having any trouble with CS. Every CS place we went to accepted the dining plan - we didn't even know to look to see if they did or didn't. Instead of the 2008 list of participating restaurants is there a list (which seems like would be much shorter) of the restaurants that DON'T participate?

Thanks! ~Maureen

pwdebbie
11-09-2008, 10:06 PM
I was able to search online for "2009 Disney Dining Plan Brochure" and found one for the basic plan and one for the new quick service plan. I'd post the links here but I'm not sure if that's allowed! If so, I'll post them tomorrow afternoon. Just let me knw if that's ok.

Deb