PDA

View Full Version : Queen size beds in Moderates

Verolovesdisney
11-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Hello,

I know the some moderates have gone through some renos, any now offer queen beds? If so, which resort and is there an extra fee for these rooms?

KatMark
11-09-2008, 04:22 PM
The Coronado is the only moderate that offers queen beds. There is no extra charge for the queen beds as they are now standard in all rooms (there is extra charge for king rooms and Club Level rooms at the Coronado).

SpecJoe Magic
11-09-2008, 06:51 PM
That's great news about Coronado Springs. I wonder if all of the moderate resorts will eventually have queen beds in all rooms. I really think that should be the case because there is very little difference between moderate and value resort rooms, and I think there should be a bit more of a difference since it's considerably more expensive to stay at moderate rather than value.

DDuck66
11-10-2008, 03:07 PM
That's great news about Coronado Springs. I wonder if all of the moderate resorts will eventually have queen beds in all rooms. I really think that should be the case because there is very little difference between moderate and value resort rooms, and I think there should be a bit more of a difference since it's considerably more expensive to stay at moderate rather than value. I can only wish...we always pay the extra for the King bed because I cannot stand trying to sleep on the doubles.

Verolovesdisney
11-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Now have all the rooms been changed to a queen/queen set up, or would I need to request this and hope for the best?

KatMark
11-10-2008, 08:59 PM
No, you should not have to request it...as queens are the standard now. If you wanted a king, you would have to request and pay for that.

buzz2001
11-11-2008, 06:55 AM
CSR added queen beds to compete with off iste convention resorts, not their own moderate resorts. So its not likely that the other mods will be getting them any time soon.

garymacd
11-11-2008, 08:46 AM
I thought I read somewhere here that CBR is going through refurb, and some, if not all, rooms will be getting queen beds.

Correct me if I am wrong.

KatMark
11-11-2008, 09:43 AM
I do not believe CBR is getting the queen beds--just the Nemo and Pirate themes (from pictures I've seen they are the same beds they've had).

WishesFan13
11-13-2008, 02:21 PM
DH and i just booked a trip for Feb and when our travel agent called disney they said it's doubles. i'm confused. We've stayed at CSR before and loved it so it's not the only reason we're staying but we're going with my sister in-law, her kids, and my mother & father in-law and they really want 2 queens in there room. Kat have you stayed there with 2 queens?
Or anybody else stayed recently? I would love to know before we change our resv and pay for a king.

KylesMom
11-13-2008, 02:29 PM
I thought I read somewhere here that CBR is going through refurb, and some, if not all, rooms will be getting queen beds.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I believe KatMark is correct - although some room theming is changing at CBR, I have not heard of them changing out the doubles for queens.

Many families (such as mine) upgrade to deluxe in large part because of the bed size. While CSR is upgrading to Queens due to "conference" status, it really wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to put queens in all moderates. You'd have alot of folks jumping down in class - not something Disney is going to want to encourage!

KatMark
11-13-2008, 03:30 PM
DH and i just booked a trip for Feb and when our travel agent called disney they said it's doubles. i'm confused. We've stayed at CSR before and loved it so it's not the only reason we're staying but we're going with my sister in-law, her kids, and my mother & father in-law and they really want 2 queens in there room. Kat have you stayed there with 2 queens?
Or anybody else stayed recently? I would love to know before we change our resv and pay for a king.

We were actually in a suite in September (we were upgraded for our 25th anniversary), but I have seen pictures with the queen beds and actually peeked in two of the rooms while we were there when the doors were open for cleaning--they are definitely queen beds. They are also changing all the furniture, carpet, televisions, etc. Unfortunately, they do not inform reservations people of the changes as quickly as we find out.

garymacd
11-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Many families (such as mine) upgrade to deluxe in large part because of the bed size...it really wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to put queens in all moderates. You'd have alot of folks jumping down in class - not something Disney is going to want to encourage!

Heaven forbid!

We started upgrading for the same reason. I really got tired of hearing, "You're on my half of the bed!", "Well, you have all the blankets!", blah, blah, blah. Whispered, of course, with throwing of blankets and pillows and various and assorted teddy bears.

The bunk beds at WL made a great big difference. Except for hearing our oldest yell, "Oww!", as she hit her head on the upper bunk!

WishesFan13
11-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks Kat i was thinking the same thing with the reservations agents not getting the updates as fast as we do. i think we'll stay with a standard and figure they'll have all the rooms changed over by Feb, if not we can always see about paying the difference for the king at ck-in. Thanks again. :mickey:

lilolvr
11-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Or anybody else stayed recently? I would love to know before we change our resv and pay for a king.All the rooms have queen beds now. The TA or CRO at WDW is incorrect. The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

Here is a photo of the bed tag.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d638b3127ccec4b326d28b4100000040O08BZuWzNu3bA9 vPhg/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D480/ry%3D320/

It has CSR's name on the tag as well as QUEEN FDN

lilolvr
11-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Pics of the new queen beds.
http://i38.tinypic.com/sgh91t.jpg The bottom of the bed is solid so you can tell they have been changed. The old beds at CSR had floor space underneath.

LarryBoy
11-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Have all the rooms gotten a full refurb? We are leaning towards CSR for our summer trip, and this would definitely be a plus.

KatMark
11-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Have all the rooms gotten a full refurb? We are leaning towards CSR for our summer trip, and this would definitely be a plus.

No, they just started the rehab. They started with Cabana 9B as that will be Club Level. They will then work around the resort from there. All rehab is scheduled to be done by October 1. I think you would be safe for a summer trip asking for a room in the Cabanas as they, I imagine, would all be done by then and the Ranchos well started at that point (I am gathering Casitas will be last unless they go to Casitas after Cabanas???). As I get updates, I will be happy to Post as will Buzz.

LarryBoy
11-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Just to clarify, the refurb is just underway but they already have put queen beds in place of all doubles?

KatMark
11-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Just to clarify, the refurb is just underway but they already have put queen beds in place of all doubles?

Correct!

buzz2001
11-15-2008, 07:29 AM
Just to clarify, the refurb is just underway but they already have put queen beds in place of all doubles?Yes because the rehab will take over a year. They are totally gutting each room and replacing everything!!