PDA

View Full Version : Christmas parade performers

lovetheprincesses
11-09-2008, 12:06 PM
I just saw photos of the Jonas Brothers filming ABC Christmas parade in Disneyland. It films THAT much ahead of WDW Christmas parade?? Also, guess that means they will not be at WDW. Bummer. Anyone know about Miley or anyone else who will be at WDW filming for the parade?

Strmchsr
11-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Yes, Disneyland filmed this weekend and WDW will film the weekend of Dec 6. Miley Cyrus is supposed to be in it again this year, but I've not seen the line up as to who is where. The "stars" film on Friday (Dec 5) in front of the castle and the parade films on Dec 6-7 (Sunday is a make-up day if necessary) on Main St.

mattandmandy
11-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks Strmchsr for that info. We will be in WDW that week of December and had asked our AAA agent if she could find out when filming would be. She told us that when she called to ask she was told "Ummm, I'm not sure where you heard that the parade is filmed early...that's all I can say". Our agent told us she could hear a smile in the CM's voice but obviously the CM wasn't allowed to say.

TheRustyScupper
11-09-2008, 08:50 PM
1) At WDW, early-entry and close-in tickets are gone quickly.
2) They are offered to AP & DVC people.
3) General admission is usually 3-4 people deep on the street.
4) Plus, there is A LOT of waiting, as there are several takes.
5) Boring and standing around for up to 3-5 hours.

bmj721
11-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Theoretically, all of the taping should be done by 4pm on Sunday?
:mickey:

Strmchsr
11-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Yeah, it should easily be done by 4. Since it's supposed to be airing Christmas morning they have to be careful about lighting. Granted, they can do wonders with CGI but still they don't want weird shadows.

HeadFairyInCharge
11-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Last word on this was there will be no special tickets out for AP holders or anyone else for that matter. Just whoever gets in the park that day, will be able to see from wherever they fit on Main Street. I think we will still keep it in our plans since I did get the Castle Breakfast ADR in June at 7AM 180 DAYS IN ADVANCE ..:mad:..NO I AM NOT MAD
Just annoyed that this was overlooked on my part ...Never knew this was a Pre-recorded event.:secret:
I guess we will see what we can of the park that day and maybe come back on another day to visit what we missed. How early will people get there and be allowed in at MK that day ?? :minnie: