PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever do the World Showcase 2 hour Segway tour?

J9
11-09-2008, 09:40 AM
My dad is thinking of doing the WS Segway tour while we're here. (We tried them at Innoventions and he thought it was the coolest thing ever and totally wants to ride one for 2 hours)

Has anyone ever done this? What did you think?

Also, does anyone know if there are AAA, DVC or AP discounts?

Ian
11-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Yeah, we've done it twice. It's totally awesome. I can't recommend it enough. It's well worth the money.

From what I remember, I believe they offer an AP discount. Maybe 10%?

honeebee86
11-09-2008, 09:52 AM
I have not personally done this, but two of my friends (both in there 50's) did this past October. They loved it!!!! They said their CM was funny and great with the group. Just make sure you make reservations asap because from what she told me, they just made it in when she made hers like 3 months prior to her trip.

Simba's Mom
11-09-2008, 12:38 PM
I did it last December, and like others, I loved it. I believe there was a 15% DVC discount-I know there's some discount for DVC. That tour is now $90, I noted recently, but the Fort Wilderness tour is still $85. What was cool about the Epcot tour is that our guide took us through all these narrow passageways-the walkway for the train in Germany, the path up to Yakatori eatery in Japan, and through the open air Moroccoan gift shop. I was chuckling to myself as we rode through there, thinking "If I lean a little off, boy would this cost me a lot!" Although I'm a total klutz when I walk (one time a crack in the sidewalk at Epcot jumped up and made me fall), riding a Segway was relatively easy-and lots of fun!

mattandmandy
11-09-2008, 12:53 PM
DH and I did it about 4 years ago and also loved it. It was a lot of fun. It was funny seeing people take off by accident sometimes (me included) and having to have one of the guides jump in front of the segway to stop. The guides also took pictures with all of our cameras so we have some good pictures of us on our segway.

joanna71985
11-09-2008, 01:46 PM
I did the 2-hour tour in June. It was awsome! I had so much fun (and I can tend to be a klutz). I would definitely do it again.

Pixie Power
11-09-2008, 09:03 PM
DH & I have done this tour and it is AWESOME! I highly recommend it. & Be sure to do the earlier one, as the WS is closed during the time that you are touring it. :thumbsup:

HTHs!:mickey:

Oh, and :yes: there is some sort of AP discount. I also think there is some sort of Disney Visa discount as well. :thumbsup: We had APs then and got a discount that way, but can't remember the exact amount. I want to say 10% though.

DakotaDisney
11-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Do it!!! Most Definitely!!

I loved it and I had never ridden one before.

It was also fun to explore the World Showcase before it was open to the public and to learn some interesting things from the tour guide.

DCDisney
11-09-2008, 09:50 PM
I did the tour a few years ago, my 1st time on a Segway. It was a ton of fun. It's also neat that it's only adults and fun to do something Disney with no kids. Since then I've done the Segway tour at Ft. Wilderness and two different cities (San Antonio, TX and Washington, DC). The only complaint I have is that you are actually standing on your feet (on top of a machine) for a long period of time. My feet hurt after the tours. For the Disney tours, I got a AAA discount, I think it was either 10 or 15% off. Have fun !

disneyboy98
11-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Like the other posters have said, the Segway tour is really fun. We did it about three years ago and had a blast. It does take a little getting used to at the start but they first hour is for training indoors and then once you get the hang of it, the take you out to WS.

The what we really enjoyed was that when you get to the back of WS (I think we were in Morocco) they let you have some time to just go and have fun and get all the pictures you want of you on your Segway (with your camera). There was one tricky part in Japan with the really narrow sidwalks, but if you take them nice and slow, you will have no problems at all.

Try it out!! It's really a fun time!:thumbsup:

mimi78
11-10-2008, 12:41 PM
I’ve done this tour 3 times and would highly recommend it! The first time was shortly after they began offering it in 2004, then again 2 years ago and then just last week with the rest of my family. It’s such a unique experience that I was glad to be able to share it with them. Our instructor even told me that it’s getting so popular that they added another section to bring it up to 5 tours per day. We usually do the 830 or 9am tours so the parts of the park that are open aren’t that crowded, plus I like to do it earlier so we still have the whole day at Epcot. Once you get used to how the Segway moves and how to control it, it’s not hard and really fun. We used the DVC discount, I think it was 20% but I could be wrong.

SoaringEpcot
11-11-2008, 08:59 AM
My DW and I did the 1 hour tour and my parents did the two hour tour. It was great and deffinately the highlight of the trip. It was on our first day of our trip December of last year. The only problem they had was their feet kept going to sleep because as you ride your toes are slightly higher than your heels. We loved it and will do it again on our next trip down.

Nut4DW
11-11-2008, 11:07 AM
This tour is what my husband wanted for Christmas - so, we are doing it on 12/15 - we are doing the 9:30 tour though - am I going to have to watch out for a lot of people by the time we are finished? I don't want to run over anybody :)