PDA

View Full Version : Disney during Christmas

AmandaChan
11-09-2008, 03:08 AM
What are the parks like during the week before/of Christmas? From the 18th to the 22nd?

Do you think it's too late to start planning a small trip for these days? I will barely be squeezing in the Christmas party if we're lucky. We were going to try to stay in the Pop Century again but we might stay at a moderate.

:santa:

#1donaldfan
11-09-2008, 08:03 AM
I've heard n read that week is pretty good to visit....

.....man 'ol man I feel like an over planner, or your just a last minute kinda traveler ..... cutting it this close may be too late, surely for ressies for dinner.....
...have fun though, wish we could join you there......we won't be there till Dec 27 ...:mickey:

Strmchsr
11-09-2008, 08:51 AM
The 18th will be moderately crowded, but by the 22nd the crowds will be pretty large.

Imagineer1981
11-12-2008, 10:25 AM
You'll be ok, just know MK is generally the most crowded park w/ its decorations and such

DisneyPrincess21
11-12-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't see why you would have a problem planning this close. My family just decided on this past Friday to book a trip, and we had no problem getting reservations to stay on property. We are staying from 12/16-12/20 at the port Orleans French Quater for 3 adults it came to only $742 w/tax and extra charge of $15/day for extra person. The value hotels start @59/night as long as it isn't one of their blackout dates.(keep in mind most of the value hotels are sold-out using that deal) But most of the moderate hotels are still on sale around $129 and still available. You can go on Disney's web site to view the deals, click on special offers on the top right hand side of the main "Disney world" page. Go to the $59 fall deal and then click start booking. Or if you want to call, tell the reservation person to use code "DMK" I even was able to make some lunch and dinner reservations with no problem and even got the times I needed. So don't give up hope we didn't have any problem. I also highly recommend going to Disney during the Christmas season it is absolutely beautiful. We went last year on 12/24-12/27 and it was JAMMED PACKED. But it was so beautiful we didn't mind, As you can see because we are going again this year, Only just a week early this time to beat the crowd's. They say after thanksgiving until the week of Christmas is one of the lower times at the park, and you still get to enjoy all of Christmas spirit without the crowd's of Christmas week. :santa3::santa3::tree::santa::santa3::santa3:

^^^^ Here is what I posted to someone who had a similar question. If you do decided to go, I Hope you have a great time! :woohoo: