PDA

View Full Version : Are Value Resorts really wheelchair accessible?

Disneysurprise
11-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi everyone, i am planning a trip for fall of next year and will be bringing my parents -- dad is completely confined to a wheelchair. I've been to DL more times than I can count when I was younger, but this will be our first visit to WDW and I'm just wondering if the value resort wheelchair accessible rooms are really accessible for someone completely confined. Specifically interested in bathroom -- is it big enough for him to get his wheelchair in and close the door? How is the shower? Any tips would be appreciated, just don't want him to get down there and not be able to use the br, etc. Thanks!!:girl:

ElenitaB
11-08-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm not sure about the All Stars resorts but Pop Century does have accessible rooms. However (and this is a BIG however for families), I think those rooms only have king beds.

In answer to your question, yes, the bathroom is accessible. There are two types of bathrooms: one has metal handrails and the other has a kind of folddown handrail on either side of the commode. The shower is accessible as well.

Roland
01-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Hi, I've stayed at a handicap room at the All Sports. I didn't need the room but I can tell you the showers are the type where you can wheel in a chair and either shower like that or transfer to a board. The shower head is handheld also.

Personally, I hated it as the floor was not sloped to the drain and I'd have to wipe the floor outside of the shower every time.

The room itself is setup very well for a wheelchair.

Disney impresses me when it comes to their care of handicapped people. They have no equal.