PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!! Discount is not adding up!

honeebee86
11-07-2008, 10:54 PM
So I put in information for 1 adult and 3 children for a vacation during the buy 4 get 3 free promotion staying at Pop Century in February within the $200 gift card dates. The total with the dining plan was about $2500. So I wanted to know how much I would save with the promo versus paying for the whole week. Now, I know the ticket prices only go up a few dollars each day per ticket, but the hotel would equal almost $200 dollars in savings if it was a low of $82 since it is 2 extra hotel nights, right? Well for fun, I put in a week long vacation in September (a value season just like February) and had the same number of guests, the same length of tickets, the same hotel, and the dining plan as well. This total was only about $50 more than the one where I am supposed to be getting 2 nights hotel stay and 3 more days added onto my tickets for free? What is up with this? I would think I would see about a $200-$250 dollar difference, not under $50.

eeyoremom
11-07-2008, 11:14 PM
What dates did you use in Feb. The seasons change around the middle of the month and the resort rates go up. That could make a big difference.

BugeyedMuggy
11-08-2008, 07:19 AM
If you are using Disney's site to reserve your stay and you want the discounted price, you have to start by clicking on the 3 free discount icon or it will just give you regular prices.

Tbelle1976
11-08-2008, 07:33 AM
I know that when we will be there in Feb (13-20), I believe it's considered peak season and so we are not just paying the $82/nt at Pop anyway(boy, I wish!). Anyway, we talked to Denise from MJ and she saved us almost $200 alone on just a room only. We will be there for my DD baton competitions so unfortunately we have to get our park hoppers through the competiton vendor or we can not get into anything having to do with them (I just don't understand that)
So Denise booked our room only for 7nts with a 1 day base ticket so that we can add on Deluxe DDP and just from that we received a savings.

DizneyRox
11-08-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm also going to assume that this buy 4 get three free promotion is based on RACK RATES for rooms as well. Rack rate on rooms is significantly more than a normally discounted room.