PDA

View Full Version : Stitch's Great Escape - Love it or Hate It?

Zawadi
11-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Reading various posts, I get the impression that the general feeling is that not many people are in favour of this ride.

Thought I'd set a poll to see if this is really the case.

What do you think of it?

I preferred Alien Encounter, but can see that this could have been too scary for the little ones.

chrisb26
11-07-2008, 04:11 PM
I never really thought this ride was as terrible as people say it is. Personally for me I think Alien Encounter was a much better ride. But I don't think Stitch is as terrible as some people make it seem sometimes.

Mackflava99
11-07-2008, 04:40 PM
its not as bad as people say- the opening section is pretty cool and it does the best it can with the space provided- . its the 3rd ride to utilize that space ( i think)

Alien was way too scarry for kids- this is mildly scarry...

danicafan
11-07-2008, 04:46 PM
My nieces's loved this attraction. Their mother and I were extremely grossed out by the Chili Dog belch smell. It was December 2006 and Im just now to the point where I can eat a Chili Dog without gagging!!:mickey:

minnesotafreeze
11-07-2008, 05:04 PM
I think this a great attraction. I did prefer Alien Encounter but they are both great.:mickey:

jrpersinger
11-07-2008, 06:08 PM
We love Stitch! Well, all but the Chili Dog Burp!:sick:

andreallybadeggs
11-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Hate it, find it a tremendous waste of valuable
MK space, won't go in if there are 0 minutes of waiting time.
Oh-- and we don't like it, either.

GrmGrninGost
11-07-2008, 07:50 PM
I like it fairly well. Not on my short list of favorites though. I don't see what all the negative publicity is all about. :confused: Certainly there are worse rides at WDW!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-07-2008, 07:53 PM
I did think Alien Encounter was better, certainly not for kids though....I do like Stitch also, just not as well

badkitty
11-07-2008, 07:58 PM
The pre-show is okay but I don't understand what appeal the sit-down scene could have. I only go on it when I am with friends/family who have never been on it so that they can form their own opinion. I never ride when I am by myself.

morebroccoli
11-07-2008, 08:09 PM
i loved alien encounter. it always made me laugh out loud. lots of fun. i wont even go into it now that it is Stitch. it was nice to have a ride a little more geared for teens/adults/brave kids, in the MK.

Ian
11-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Hate it, find it a tremendous waste of valuable
MK space, won't go in if there are 0 minutes of waiting time.
Oh-- and we don't like it, either.:ditto:

Certainly there are worse rides at WDW!I can't think of more than maybe ... two ... tops. It's definitely in my top three worst attractions on property.

handmaidenofprincesses
11-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Having loved the movie, I was really disappointed in Stitch. I've been on it once, and that was more than enough for me tyvm. :stitch:

mainemajor
11-07-2008, 08:50 PM
I do not enjoy Stich. I did like AE, but something else would be better. I still remember Mission Mars.

Disneyfan1971
11-07-2008, 09:39 PM
In the beginning it was Mission To Mars---I was eight years old the first time I rode it so at the time it was kind of boring. Then when it changed to Alien Encounter...OMG it scared the you know what out of me.

Now that it's Stitch I might try it---because I like him and think he's really cool...Yes i'm 37 but still :)

SFTrny
11-07-2008, 09:56 PM
I would be a lot more in favor of this ride if the smell of Stich's belch didn't linger with me for 2 hours after the ride. UGH!

Tbelle1976
11-08-2008, 01:03 AM
I too vote to bring back Alien Encounter. It was scary for kids, but then again so are some other things and it was clearly posted as such.

kelly.garrett
11-08-2008, 03:12 AM
I'm not a fan. I've never experienced Alien Encounter, so I voted to replace Stitch with something new.

SurferStitch
11-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Love it!!! :stitch: :stitch2:

The chili dog burp doesn't bother us at all. It lasts about 2 seconds, and completely dissipates after that. Smells don't linger with me, I guess. If the smell isn't there physically, I can't smell it.

Saw it 3 times on our trips last month!! :thumbsup:

DisneyNut2005
11-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Count me in as one of those that appreciates SGE as well.

I'll never understand why so many Disney fans rag on this attraction. They seem to do it for no reason and almost never post real reasons to back up their opinions.

AE was cool, but didn't belong in the MK (even I used to be scared of it and later avoided it for a couple of years). SGE, on the other hand, is way more light-hearted and a much more suitable fit for the MK, IMO.

HoosierDisneyFan
11-08-2008, 11:09 AM
I have not been on the ride since Alien Encounter. The ride (if you could call it that) was fine but I always felt really bad for families with little kids who were sreaming and the parent could do nothing because they were clamped to their seats. I always thought there should have been a warning (make there was and I missed it). Is Stitch any better?

dmosher
11-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Honestly I don't think Stitch is that bad. It's not that great either, but I Love the furry little guy. Sadly the ride was not what I was hoping for, but that's how it happens some times. That being said I really enjoyed AE and I do wish they would bring it back and put stitch into a venue that suits him better. A nice E-ticket fast ride, or even better the way they have him at the Stitch Encounter at Hong Kong Disney (ala' Turtle talk with Crush). Would be a a much better use of the brand and then maybe they would consider bringing back AE. Doubtful, but maybe, or something new and amazing. ???
:pipes:
D

JavaDuck
11-08-2008, 08:18 PM
We unfortunately experienced Stitch's Great Escape this past August. First, the cast member in charge of the line outside of the attraction was downright rude. We think part of it, was she was trying to act like a commander for all of the "new recruits." We both walked out of the attraction and said that it was 10 minutes of our life we would never get back. We definitely will not be experiencing Stitch on our next trip. We like Stitch. Alien Encounter was much better, and I would say not as near as scary as Dinosaur in AK.

We rode that on our trip as well. A family with a 5 year old was in front of us, the 5 year old was in tears at the end of the ride. I loved Dinosaur, but I even thought it was intense.

zebradome17
11-09-2008, 07:38 AM
I can't say I love it and I have never experienced alien encounter, but even though I don't hate it I still think it should be replaced with something new.

beksy
11-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Stitch is the only ride ANYWHERE (including thrill rides and riding the tea cups 5 times in a row during EMH!) that has ever made me sick! For some reason smells have a big affect on me so after that belch, I thought I might need a bag! :sick: I also hurt my shoulders (won't spoil anything by saying why but those of you who've rode it know!). My sister didn't get sick but she left saying she would never do it again. My thoughts exactly!

mattandmandy
11-09-2008, 02:10 PM
I think its cute but DH would say get rid of it. Actually, DH HATED AE, it scared him....the first time we did AE after the ride there was a little boy crying. DH said "no child should be crying at Disney World!" I then pointed to a happy little girl in the gift shop and his response was "Of course she's happy....her mom is buying her something" He was adament they should get rid of it.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
11-09-2008, 05:15 PM
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta love Stitch. If they change it fine, but don't get rid of it completly.

Next trip in 14 days; two weeks from tomorrow!!!!!! 11/24 to 12/5 @ the POP:stitch2::stitch::stitch2::stitch:

RAIDER
11-10-2008, 07:13 AM
Its truelly RUBBISH and whoever let that pass to be built should be sent back to school :D

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-10-2008, 08:54 AM
I don't care for it. The rooms smell horrible, the never ending rotten chili dog smell. I hate the actual heat that represents it. I'd like to see something else go here....just not another Pixar ride though. I'm sick of Pixar.

4ubie1
11-10-2008, 10:25 AM
I really don't care if they bring back AE or replace it with something new. Just as long as they get rid of it, I will be happy!:D

Sorry :stitch: !

DisneyNut2005
11-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Its truelly RUBBISH and whoever let that pass to be built should be sent back to school :D

If you knew that SGE was created by a lot of the same Imagineers that created Mickey's PhilharMagic and a lot of the other newer attractions that most of you do enjoy, maybe more of you wouldn't be hating on it as much.

Those Imagineers include folks that most of you do seem to love, such as Kevin Rafferty and Rick Rothschild.

In my POV, every time a specific attraction gets slammed blindly like that, I see it as a slam on the Imagineers that worked so hard on the project in question.

CU Tiger
11-10-2008, 12:26 PM
We do not like and always avoid going on Stich and we were not big fans of AE either. :shake:We would love something new.:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
11-10-2008, 12:32 PM
I dont think it is as bad as people make it out to be IMHO. Never got to experience Alien Encounter, but from what I have heard about it I think I would like that better. But I voted for loving it. Stitch is one of many favorite characters of mine. I enjoy the ride a lot I dont see anything wrong with it. Though I would be interested to see if they could do something better or more with it. :mickey:

indytraveler
11-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Hate it but don't bring back Alien Encounter. AE has no place in MK. Could do another movie tie-in ride/attaraction something for The Incredibles. Have Edna take us through the new technologies ready for the Super Suits.

IloveDisney71
11-10-2008, 05:24 PM
While I don't love SGE, I can see it's appeal to young guests. I've been through it with boys that were about 10 years old and they loved it. My youngest DD was 15 when she first went through it and thought it was great. I will go on it with other people but it is not a must see for me.
I enjoyed AE but I did think it was pretty scary for Disney...even though it was labeled as such, I think some people don't think of Disney as scary so they underestimated how scary it could be for little ones.

MinnieMommie
11-10-2008, 07:48 PM
I don't hate it but I sure don't love it either!! Would not be sad at all to see it replaced. :mickey:

Gator
11-10-2008, 08:06 PM
AE was a truly frightening ride. My DW was so upset when it was replaced. Now it's not scary at all. It's more for kids, yet kids can't go on it. Dumb idea, Eisner.

Adambomb85
11-10-2008, 08:57 PM
I was excited at the idea of the switch to Stitch...but its just alien encounter...and they even missed the cute stitch factor...

Mad About Mickey
11-11-2008, 07:47 AM
I voted for replacing it, I would love a return to it's original concept, very fitting for the retro 50's future look Tommorowland has now. I really enjoyed Flight To The Moon and Mission To Mars as a child and was a bit sad when it was rethemed to AE. I was torn between thinking that AE was too intense for children and enjoying the look of terror on unsuspecting quests who were not small children, such a look on my 16 year old nephew is one of my favorite Disney moments :). Stich is probably my least favorite ride in WDW but my younger children find it amusing. Stich deserves a better ride than that.

big blue and hairy
11-11-2008, 08:28 AM
I'll never understand why so many Disney fans rag on this attraction. They seem to do it for no reason and almost never post real reasons to back up their opinions.

Well....here are a few reasons. It is so obviously a retread, and in my opinion, not an improvement. I'm bored by it. To me there is no repeat factor at all. The story line is completely messed up. 626 has not yet been to Earth, but at the end he says "My name is Stitch". Lilo gave him that name, or did he psychicly beam that name into her head? Again, to me it's just a boring attraction, and this comes from someone who really likes Stitch! They could have done better by him in my opinion. :stitch:

:sulley:

DisneyNut2005
11-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Well....here are a few reasons. It is so obviously a retread, and in my opinion, not an improvement. I'm bored by it. To me there is no repeat factor at all. The story line is completely messed up. 626 has not yet been to Earth, but at the end he says "My name is Stitch". Lilo gave him that name, or did he psychicly beam that name into her head? Again, to me it's just a boring attraction, and this comes from someone who really likes Stitch! They could have done better by him in my opinion. :stitch:

I hear what you're saying, but a lot of what you said is still subjective at best.

dumbo ears
11-11-2008, 11:58 AM
im kinda in the middle. its good but not worth doing every time. but id like to see alien encounter back cuz i never saw it in the first place.

Pigtunia
11-11-2008, 01:19 PM
I never really thought this ride was as terrible as people say it is. Personally for me I think Alien Encounter was a much better ride. But I don't think Stitch is as terrible as some people make it seem sometimes.

I totally agree. However...WDW had to respond to all of the complaints they had from people who hadn't heeded the warnings that AE wasn't for kids. Personally, although I liked AE, it didn't really fit with the spirit of the Magic Kingdom.

RedHead
11-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Reading various posts, I get the impression that the general feeling is that not many people are in favour of this ride.

Thought I'd set a poll to see if this is really the case.

What do you think of it?

I preferred Alien Encounter, but can see that this could have been too scary for the little ones.

Bring back an even older one - Mission to Mars! What a blast that was - and it felt REAL!

RedHead
11-11-2008, 01:45 PM
its not as bad as people say- the opening section is pretty cool and it does the best it can with the space provided- . its the 3rd ride to utilize that space ( i think)

Fourth. First two were very similar - Mission to the Moon and Mission to Mars. And they've only redressed the area, rather than rehabbed it, to do Stitch. (Never did Alien Encounter; no desire to see such a show.)

As a Stitch fan, I was extremely disappointed in this show. Obvously, it was aimed at 5th grade boys...

laward32
11-11-2008, 02:53 PM
I don't hate it, but I do think it could be better. I won't waste my time on it again. I would prefer to see something else replace it. I never saw AE, so I don't know it I would want it back or not.:mickey:

big blue and hairy
11-11-2008, 03:38 PM
I hear what you're saying, but a lot of what you said is still subjective at best.No offense but..duuhh! about 99% of anything anyone says about an attraction is subjective. If you don't like a ride because it is always broken, that's not subjective, just about anything else is. The fact that you like SGE is subjective. You asked for reasons, I gave them to you.

azcavalier
11-11-2008, 04:29 PM
First of all, I just like Stitch. I collect Stitch pins, have the movie on my iPod, and now my daughter sleeps with a stuffed Stitch. Oh yeah, and my avatar is an Elvis Stitch, so take it for what it's worth...

I really like the ride, and yeah, the chili dog thing is gross, but it doesn't make me gag.

I guess what I like about it is the complexity. I think that most of you go in there and never give that a second thought. SGE is Disney Audio-Animatronics at it's BEST. Just watch Stitch's movements, as well as the guns. It's really amazing technology.

big blue and hairy
11-12-2008, 10:20 AM
First of all, I just like Stitch. I collect Stitch pins, have the movie on my iPod, and now my daughter sleeps with a stuffed Stitch. Oh yeah, and my avatar is an Elvis Stitch, so take it for what it's worth...

I really like the ride, and yeah, the chili dog thing is gross, but it doesn't make me gag.

I guess what I like about it is the complexity. I think that most of you go in there and never give that a second thought. SGE is Disney Audio-Animatronics at it's BEST. Just watch Stitch's movements, as well as the guns. It's really amazing technology.I like Stitch also, I think it's a funny character. I also can appreciate the technology that went into the attraction. I just don't like the final product. Part of the reason I don't like SGE is because I like Stitch, I don't think it did the little blue weirdo justice.

Imagineer1981
11-12-2008, 10:21 AM

I agree, I think if you never rode AE, Stitch wouldn't be bad

3Cabsfan
11-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Sometimes I wonder who really comes up with these attractions. Somebody actually thought it was a great idea!

2Epcot
11-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Alien Encounter was on of my favorite attractions at the Magic Kingdom ... Stitch has to be my least favorite attraction there now. I went on it once, never again.

Laughin' place
11-13-2008, 12:57 PM
I love Lilo and Stitch, and I think the ride is ok. Somewhere in the C+ range, probably. Alien Encounter, however, was unique, to the point of being a real departure from "usual Disney". Id like to see a Stitch attraction somewhere, and AE returned (and maybe plussed?)

teambricker04
11-15-2008, 12:38 AM
This ride is lame. It was lame when it was AE, but at least then it scared the daylights out of me. Now it is a big leap to actually believe they wanted to make a Stitch ride... I just think they needed a character to go in it and look! Stitch fit. I can appreciate hardwork and effort to make things at WDW top notch, but this is far from that.

DisneyNut2005
01-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Guess my post mentioning that PhilharMagic's creators also created SGE has gone ignored... :(

JPL
01-01-2009, 10:29 PM
If you knew that SGE was created by a lot of the same Imagineers that created Mickey's PhilharMagic and a lot of the other newer attractions that most of you do enjoy, maybe more of you wouldn't be hating on it as much.

Those Imagineers include folks that most of you do seem to love, such as Kevin Rafferty and Rick Rothschild.

In my POV, every time a specific attraction gets slammed blindly like that, I see it as a slam on the Imagineers that worked so hard on the project in question.

I think the point of who created the attraction is irrelevant it's just a cheaply done retro fit of AE to sell merchandise it has a very weak storyline and is simply not entertaining. I am not bashing the imagineers by saying this I am bashing Managemnt more for giving them a limited budget to work with. It was basically a cheaper option than building osmething new and original. Just because some of the imagineers who worked on it might have designed attractions I like has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion. I mean People make great movies and then the sequel or another they make totally stinks it has to do with that one particular attraction not thier body of work. And the attraction is not being slammed blindly it's an opinion of people who experienced it. Blindly infers they have never experienced it.

Duchess99
01-01-2009, 10:46 PM
This is a horrible attraction! Alien Encounter was much better, but was VERY scary. I am really surprised that the Disney Imagineers haven't been about to come up with a better attraction than just recycling the same theater and idea over and over again.

stitchaholic
01-02-2009, 07:18 AM
this was our first ride on our first trip,i love stitch and sleep with a stuffed stitch,the ride is good,i don't see why people have to pick things apart ,it is a ride,not a movie!
and then to come out into the wide world of stitch merchandise:cloud9:

DizneyRox
01-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Guess my post mentioning that PhilharMagic's creators also created SGE has gone ignored... :(Both subpar and unimaginitive... Philharmagic is better, but it's never been on my must do list.

And it's not just one person, it's the whole of Imagineering that's pretty much been in a creative slump lately. To be fair though, the budgets they have been given are fairly slim. I'm going to guess though there is a lot of waste within the Disney Corp as well so a good house cleaning will probably do wonders.

DisneyNut2005
01-02-2009, 10:23 AM
I think the point of who created the attraction is irrelevant it's just a cheaply done retro fit of AE to sell merchandise it has a very weak storyline and is simply not entertaining. I am not bashing the imagineers by saying this I am bashing Managemnt more for giving them a limited budget to work with. It was basically a cheaper option than building osmething new and original. Just because some of the imagineers who worked on it might have designed attractions I like has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion.

You know that none of that is true.

Everything that Disney makes is solely for entertainment purposes only. Any profitability that comes along with it is nothing more than extra icing on the cake.

You can keep your opinions, but your views are still subjective at best.

I'm just trying to keep a positive view here without getting shot down or falling victim to constant frenzied attacks that one would recieve when trying to be rational on other controversial sites.

EDIT: I should also add that one reason why I may sound ticked off is because the unrational sites tend to bash the Imagineers far too frequently instead of placing the blame where it really does lie.

DDuck66
01-02-2009, 10:33 AM
While I do not hate the ride, I actually preferred AI. It was great to go on and watch first timers scream!!!

Mary M
01-02-2009, 10:45 AM
I hated Alien Encounter (I don't like scary things. I'm a wuss, I know.):scared:

I didn't like Stitch, either. It wasn't fun - it was unpleasant and I wanted it to be over. I felt trapped and abused.

And that Chili Dog smell is something I'll never forget. :sick:

big blue and hairy
01-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Guess my post mentioning that PhilharMagic's creators also created SGE has gone ignored... :(
For good reason, just because someone does something good, doesn't mean they're incapable of something not so good. Look at Eisner's first 10 years and his second 10 years.

You can keep your opinions, but your views are still subjective at best. Really, you need to drop that arguement. Opinions are subjective, your included, that makes no sense.
I am not bashing the imagineers by saying this I am bashing Managemnt more for giving them a limited budget to work with. It was basically a cheaper option than building osmething new and original. Just because some of the imagineers who worked on it might have designed attractions I like has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion.
First you vehemently disagreed with this post, then...
I should also add that one reason why I may sound ticked off is because the unrational sites tend to bash the Imagineers far too frequently instead of placing the blame where it really does lie.
You agreed with it!:huh:

JPL
01-02-2009, 02:03 PM
You know that none of that is true.

Everything that Disney makes is solely for entertainment purposes only. Any profitability that comes along with it is nothing more than extra icing on the cake.

You can keep your opinions, but your views are still subjective at best.

First off I know for a fact certain rides such as AE and Mr Toad were changed to sell merchandise.
In the case of Mr Toad at WDW some Imagineers that left the company have even admitted to it. Winnie the Pooh was a hot seller and he wasn't represented in the parks so they did a cheaper version of Pooh's Honey Hunt and have you exit out into the Pooh gift shop. The same thing was done at Disneyland except in this case it was the Country Bears getting the axe for Pooh. The same is true for AE changing to Stitch since he bacame very popular and they wanted to get him into the parks as quickly and cheaply as possible. These points are not subjective they are facts. Why do you think Disney redid Journey into Your Imagination to bring Figment back and spent their own money doing it? Well it's simple Figment sold more merchandise in Epcot than Mickey sold in the Magic Kingdom.

As for Disney not doing anything for Profit that's just crazy everything they do is for pure profit they are a business plain and simple.

Me liking something or not liking something is subjective but I am also giving factual reason for some of the changes. I also believe these reason effect the work of the imagineers and they often forced to work with lower budgets and tight time constraints and might not be able to do a masterpiece each time the design an attraction. I'm sure they hate doing these on the cheap quick fixes more than we can imagine.

DisneyNut2005
01-02-2009, 02:12 PM
You agreed with it!:huh:

I did not!

Please do not turn my words around to make me look bad.

:mad:

big blue and hairy
01-02-2009, 02:23 PM
I did not!

Please do not turn my words around to make me look bad.
:mad:

Well then....
I should also add that one reason why I may sound ticked off is because the unrational sites tend to bash the Imagineers far too frequently instead of placing the blame where it really does lie.
I am not bashing the imagineers by saying this I am bashing Managemnt more for giving them a limited budget to work with. It was basically a cheaper option than building osmething new and original.
please explain the disagreement, they look pretty similar to me...

MNNHFLTX
01-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Moderator Warning--

Please folks, let's avoid the back-and-forth bickering that is starting to develop here. Bottom line is that the appeal of every attraction is subjective, dependent on who the audience is. Therefore people are entitled to like or dislike it as they wish. So for those of you who have already stated your case for or against Stitch's Great Escape, it's time to move on and let others have their say.

big blue and hairy
01-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Moderator Warning--

Please folks, let's avoid the back-and-forth bickering that is starting to develop here. Bottom line is that the appeal of every attraction is subjective, dependent on who the audience is. Therefore people are entitled to like or dislike it as they wish. So for those of you who have already stated your case for or against Stitch's Great Escape, it's time to move on and let others have their say.Sorry, that was the point I was making.

Darbylew
01-02-2009, 04:29 PM
I like the ride ok but I would like to see some
thing else there. I would not want AE back as
it is about the same as Stitch to me. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MARCH 2009. :D

JRocker
01-03-2009, 02:01 AM
Count me in as one who has never really enjoyed SGE.
1. The shoulder restraint is insanely uncomfortable for me, and I'm a short dude.:medic:
2. It goes over the top with the gross out factor.:sick:
3. Inconsistencies with the story line when compared to the movie (which has already been addressed in this thread).:confused:

I understand why they discontinued the AE show. MK is a park geared to the kiddies, and AE was a major departure from that.:scared:

I'm not placing the blame on anybody for the way I feel about the ride. There are hits and there are misses in every aspect of life, this was just a miss.

Yes, my opinion is completely subjective, but I feel pretty good about it. I'm guessing the majority of those who voted on this thread feel pretty good about thier subjectiveness also. ;)

I voted to bring back AE, but the more I think about it, the more I think they should just try again.

lanceman3
01-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Where's the "never-rode-it-because-of-the-negative-publicity" button? :)

I wasn't a big fan of AE, either, just because of the "discomfort factor."

big blue and hairy
01-03-2009, 10:16 AM
I understand why they discontinued the AE show. MK is a park geared to the kiddies, and AE was a major departure from that.:scared: I was completely amazed how many times I saw little kids in line for the attraction. A cast member would warn the parent over and over and over, "this is a scary attraction for little kids". Parent and kid went in, kid screamed through the whole thing. Certainly not the fault of the child, scared is scared, but you'd think the parent might think about it.

Yes, my opinion is completely subjective, but I feel pretty good about it. I'm guessing the majority of those who voted on this thread feel pretty good about thier subjectiveness also. ;):funny:

I don't know whatever came of it, but there may well have been another reason for replacing AE. Jeffery Jones, one of the actors in AE had some legal problems involving kids. Again, I don't know how it turned out, but, I'd bet that was a contributing factor.

iLovethejonasbrothers
01-04-2009, 07:32 PM
I HATE THAT RIDE! When we first went on it was horrible. Also the restraints they hurt your shoulders badly, and the smells make you sick. We had 14 people ride it and, no one liked it.

stitchaholic
01-04-2009, 08:15 PM
there is a trick to those restraints,you have to sit up as tall as possible when they come down,once they are locked in they don't move,so then you can slouch to your sitting positions and they won't be so tight(little trick from the birnbaum guide)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-04-2009, 08:40 PM
I've ridden the Mission to Mars, AE and SGE. I LOVED Mission to Mars the 1st time (I was 13). I LOVED AE. I HATED Stitch. They are trying to hard and also didn't try hard enough. The smells are unnecessary a hard puff of air would be enough....a child's imagination would provide the rest. The attraction needed more than just new restraints that go down to a child's level and a giant animatronics Stitch in a tube. That being said, the Imagineers were most likely told to work with what they already had in place and not to run costs up too much. Looking at that...they did a decent job with what they had. I think keeping Stitch there is a marketing smart, but revamp the ride. Improve what you have, knock the rushed cheapness out of it and for the sake of humanity and many stomachs - get rid of the smells. Will I ride it when DH and I visit for our anniversary in 21 days? Don't know, but I won't be doing it with out a mask of some sort and definately not right after a meal. I hope I made some sense with my post. Thanks for reading to the end. :D

xoHelloKittyox
01-04-2009, 09:27 PM
LOVE stitch

hate the ride.

LavaLamp
01-04-2009, 09:30 PM
It was pretty awful. All you do is sit there and watch this huge audio-animatronic fart in your face.

SurferStitch
01-05-2009, 12:40 PM
It was pretty awful. All you do is sit there and watch this huge audio-animatronic fart in your face.

Ummmmmm.....which ride is that?

dteed
01-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Love it, you gotta love Stitch.

trackbarroness
01-07-2009, 06:39 PM
It's not a ride but a show with special effects. And yes I've seen the show many times. It has grown on me. The shoulder harness/scanners are a part of the special effects and that's why the show has a height restriction on it.
There are a couple moments of complete darkness with loud noises and flashing lights, with a child/adults active imagination can be very frightnening(sp). Believe me I've seen kids as old as ten freak out inside the theatre.
It's not a ride or a 3-D movie but a show with special effects. Just the harness/scanners move during the third part of the show.

Slayerfan
01-07-2009, 11:07 PM
I don't remember Mission to Mars at all so maybe I was too young or just skipped right passed it.

I LOVED AE, for me it was nice to have a more mature attraction that actually gave me chills. I love the Magic Kingdom and enjoy the all the rides/shows but even Space Mountain is on the boring side for me. I would love to have AE back. As for it having no place in MK some kids are scared of the Country Bear Jamboree and scream like banshees in there too so I find that more on the parents to know their child and their limits.

Stitch's Great Escape for me is just awful. I find it boring and a bit ridiculous. I only went on it once with no knowledge of it other than it was now in the space that used to occupy AE. I was not impressed and a bit sad. I would not go back on it for anything, well maybe a night in the Castle but beyond that no. :secret:

LoriMistress
01-08-2009, 04:24 AM
DH and I HATE SGE!!! DH had been on AE and loved it. I always wanted to go on it but they shut it down to replace it with SGE. I wanted to try it at least once to experience it because I've read on this board (and other WDW boards), how much they hated the ride, but I wanted to give a fair chance. We gave it a fair chance and we'll never get on it again. They should at least put back AE, but upgrade AE a tad.