PDA

View Full Version : 1,000 Points Threshold

DVC Mike
11-07-2008, 09:18 AM
I feel like I have passed some strange threshold today. I added on another 100 points at Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. No big deal. Except… I now am the proud owner of 1,000 DVC points! :cloud9:

I’m not so sure why reaching the 1,000 points threshold seems like a big deal to me. I mean, it’s only 100 points more than when I had 900 DVC points yesterday.

In any event, I’m still a happy and very satisfied DVC member who is thrilled that I get to spend so much time at my favorite vacation spot in the world – Walt Disney World – at that I get to stay at my favorite resorts. :)

vizsla
11-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Congratulations :thumbsup:

Lucille
11-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Congratulations!! :mickey:

My first thought was "I don't know what I would do with 1000 points" then "Oh yes I do!" quickly followed!

Here's to many more happy trips!:beer::beer:

Maleficent's Dad
11-07-2008, 07:02 PM
1,000 points!?!? Wow! Congratulations!!!

:jaw: :eek: :jaw:

TennesseeTink
11-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Well that's pretty fantastic!:yay:

MinnieMommie
11-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Congratulation!!

I have a question. Have you ever considered buying a home or condo in the area? I am wondering some of the things you have considered each time you have added points. The reason I ask is that we are unsure whether we should add on points or just but something. Any thoughts about this? :mickey:

FiggyFan
11-09-2008, 07:43 AM
Buying property in the area vs owning points at DVC are two different things entirely. I think the right answer depends on what you are looking for.

If you buy property, you have a chance to make money if property values go up, and you own it forever rather than having an expiration date as DVC does. You also have use of your property whenever you want.

On the other hand, you have more work to do to manage and maintain the property, and to see that it is looked after while you are out of town. You also don't get the advantages of being "in the midle of the magic" by staying on-property.

I prefer the simplicity of having Disney take care of the place, so that all I have to do is enjoy it. In the end, it is a personal choice.

DVC Mike
11-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Have you ever considered buying a home or condo in the area? I am wondering some of the things you have considered each time you have added points. The reason I ask is that we are unsure whether we should add on points or just but something. Any thoughts about this? :mickey:

Yes, that was an option. However, before I bought DVC I enjoyed staying at the deluxe resorts at WDW. I enjoyed the Disney service and really enjoyed staying onsite. I stayed offsite once and it really wasn't the same for me.

DVC allows me to stay onsite, enjoy the service Disney provides, and I pay them an annual fee to maintain the property.

Buying a home or condo would have been more of a hassle.

MinnieMommie
11-10-2008, 06:22 AM
Dear FiggyFan and DVC Mike - Thanks for your input and for sharing what you think about this. I agree that in the end it is a personal decision. I suspect DH and I will go back and forth about this for a while before we decide. Till then we will enjoy the points we have and make them work for us. :mickey:

Mackflava99
11-10-2008, 08:58 AM
1000? wow i am jealous- we have 450 and i always want MORE !!!!

Terrific purchase-

threeh
11-12-2008, 11:26 AM
me too, I'm jealous!! Congrats and enjoy!!:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
11-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Wow! Congratulations! Me and DBF Im sure would love to have 1000 pts...maybe someday we can reach that milestone :mickey::cloud9:

thumperbug
11-12-2008, 12:11 PM
1,000....oh dare to dream. My family and I need at least another 100-120 points to keep up with how much we really want to travel to WDW. I just got an add on offer but can't do it financially at this time. :(