PDA

View Full Version : Developer Points Incentive for BLT

DVC Mike
11-06-2008, 05:30 PM
DVC is now offering matching Developer Points when you purchase at Bay Lake Tower (min 100 point add-on for existing members). The points may be used at SSR, DLR or World Passport Collection by Oct 2009.

TennesseeTink
11-06-2008, 06:40 PM
WOW! That actually makes me consider possibly adding on. Especially since they can be used at DLR or World Passport Collection, not just SSR like my AKV incentive points. Hmmm, something to think about.

Thanks for the info!:thumbsup:

DizneyRox
11-06-2008, 07:31 PM
WOW! That actually makes me consider possibly adding on. Especially since they can be used at DLR or World Passport Collection, not just SSR like my AKV incentive points. Hmmm, something to think about.

Thanks for the info!:thumbsup:
Might want to check on that, I think the SSR points from the AKLV incentive ARE able to be used at DLR and World Passport as well.

At least towards the end of the promotion there were able to be used elsewhere.

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 11:30 PM
wow i might add some now

DizneyRox
11-07-2008, 07:16 AM
I should also add, they are still considered HOME at BLT, which means, if you're going to try to use them at SSR, they would be subject to the 7 month booking window.

Not that it really matters, getting into SSR is easy.

MinnieMommie
11-07-2008, 07:23 AM
Not that it really matters, getting into SSR is easy.

I agree - it should not be a problem getting into SSR at the 7 month window but I wantyou to know that I tried to get into SSR last month and was on a wait list till the very last minute and could not get a studio - all they had was a 1 bedroom. Go Figure!

Thanks for the incentive info Mike

TennesseeTink
11-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Might want to check on that, I think the SSR points from the AKLV incentive ARE able to be used at DLR and World Passport as well.

At least towards the end of the promotion there were able to be used elsewhere.

Nope we bought in early July and it was in our contract that the incentive points were for SSR. They must have done that after we bought.

Ian
11-07-2008, 10:16 AM
You know, I have to say I'm a little irritated by this. I feel like we are being penalized for buying in early. I would have definitely waited had I known they'd be giving developer points.

Are they still doing the $5 per point incentive?

DVC Mike
11-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Are they still doing the $5 per point incentive?

Yes, you get the $5 discount and the Developer points.

DizneyRox
11-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Yes, you get the $5 discount and the Developer points.
WAY TO GO DISNEY!

They never cease to amaze me! Hopefully they come through for all the folks they duped^D^D^D^D^Doffered the early purchase incentive.

Good thing I don't hold the company to very high standards anymore, I'd be sorely dissapointed. Let us know Ian if you get anywhere, good luck!

Ian
11-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Does anyone think there's value in calling to complain? I mean I would guess they're just going to tell me that incentives are variable, not guaranteed, blah blah blah, but at the same time I really feel like we kind of got shafted.

Should I call my guide and see what he says?

DizneyRox
11-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Should I call my guide and see what he says?
I wouldn't mind hearing the "blah blah blah" that they tell you. It's always amusing to hear how they spin things.

It's definitely shady though. Offering a "first chance" at DVC doesn't make much sense. It's not like current DVC members were going to be able to buy it out. So, logically, I would think it was offered as some sort of thank you to existing members, and implied better deal than normal people would be able to get once the flood gates opened.

To turn around an offer a better deal to Average Joe from Anytown USA just smacks the existing membership right in the face. Picture Mickey blowing a rasberry and thumbing his nose!

Ian
11-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Email sent ... I actually borrowed a good bit from your post, Rox. ;)

Raye3201
11-09-2008, 07:45 PM
:mickey:I hope you get somewhere ... it is these sort of things that are so irritating to us fellow DVC members. I was under the impression that the first offer to DVCers would be the best as well. I am glad that I didn't purchase BLT yet but share in your frustration you who did!:mickey:

Ian
11-11-2008, 03:30 PM
I heard back from my guide ... here's what he said:

Hi Ian: I was waiting to see if I could give you by today an "official
answer" to your comments. At this time all I can share with you is that
your e-mail was forward to the management level for their review.
I just want you to know that I personally value you and your family as
part as our Disney Vacation Club. Any comments you have are welcome; at
this time we need to wait and can only hope for some kind of good news
if that is possible in this strange economic times.

Ian
11-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Still waiting to hear back from "management."

DizneyRox
11-17-2008, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the update, I was going to ask, I'm real curious on how they are going to handle this. It's a fairly large value item. At $11 a point to rent those, it could easily hit the thousands of dollars in "value".

Ian
11-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the update, I was going to ask, I'm real curious on how they are going to handle this. It's a fairly large value item. At $11 a point to rent those, it could easily hit the thousands of dollars in "value".Yep. For us, at $11 per point, it comes to $2,200. That's a lot, no matter how you slice it.

The more I've thought about this, the more I've convinced myself that I'm not going to let it die. I'm going to follow up with our guide twice a week between now and the first week in December.

If I don't get anything concrete out of him by then, I'm going to the DVC office when we're down at SSR and asking to speak with "management" face-to-face.

WeLuvBuzz
11-18-2008, 11:49 AM
We took a tour last week and our guide told us the bonus points were only available to us if we bought during our vacation. Once we left they went away. I would certainly not deter you in your quest to gain this bonus, but I would not hold my breath as you agreed to the deal that was offered at the time. With the way the economy has tanked in the last 6 weeks I am sure they are having trouble moving units and this is one way to help spur sales. None the less, good luck in your endeavor and don't forget you can walk to BLT from MK. I wish we could afford to buy in at this time.

Ian
11-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I hear ya ... I really do ... I mean I'm a total free market economy kinda guy, so on one hand I say to myself, "Well you bought based on the terms they offered at the time, so oh well for you."

But at the same time, the way they presented the initial offering to existing DVC members was like you were getting some big, special deal. In fact, my guide specifically hinted that it was very unlikely even the $5 per point incentive would be offered beyond the initial selling period.

So to have them then turn around and not only not do away with the $5 per point incentive, but to even further sweeten the pot ... I see that as a real slap in the face.

hubbyofadisneyholic
11-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Yep. For us, at $11 per point, it comes to $2,200. That's a lot, no matter how you slice it.

The more I've thought about this, the more I've convinced myself that I'm not going to let it die. I'm going to follow up with our guide twice a week between now and the first week in December.

If I don't get anything concrete out of him by then, I'm going to the DVC office when we're down at SSR and asking to speak with "management" face-to-face.

Should we start a collection to raise $$ to bail you out of jail after your "meeting", Ian??:thedolls:

Ian
11-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Should we start a collection to raise $$ to bail you out of jail after your "meeting", Ian??:thedolls:That might not be a bad idea! :thumbsup:

DVC Mike
11-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Yep. For us, at $11 per point, it comes to $2,200. That's a lot, no matter how you slice it.

I bought 200 points at BLT when they first went on sale. Today, I called my guide and asked if I could get matching developer points, and the answer was Yes!

Ian
11-20-2008, 02:31 PM
I bought 200 points at BLT when they first went on sale. Today, I called my guide and asked if I could get matching developer points, and the answer was Yes!I wasn't going to say anything because my guide asked me not to, but we got the same thing.

The paperwork is supposed to be arriving shortly.

DizneyRox
11-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Congrats! I figured that was the hold up, since everyone and their uncle is now going to be calling about it. But, since it has to be used within a year, you gotta figure they are looking at all these people who will now take a trip to use those. Not a bad thing, profit wise...

Ian
11-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Congrats! I figured that was the hold up, since everyone and their uncle is now going to be calling about it. But, since it has to be used within a year, you gotta figure they are looking at all these people who will now take a trip to use those. Not a bad thing, profit wise...We're most likely going to have to sell ours, since I can't envision being able to use them before 10/1/2009.

I wonder if they'd let us use them for our upcoming trip? That way at least we'd be able to bank our normal SSR points into our next use year.

hubbyofadisneyholic
11-20-2008, 10:48 PM
I wasn't going to say anything because my guide asked me not to, but we got the same thing.

The paperwork is supposed to be arriving shortly.

Looks like I better return the $$ collected for the "bail Ian out of jail" fund...;)

Glad you were able to get something worked out. :thumbsup:

Chrisx2
11-24-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm waiting to hear back from my guide. She said she had to check on when we closed. :confused: I'm assuming those who have been given the points already closed. I have seen a couple of reports of members who bought in the first few days BLT was available and have been able to get these points. I guess I'll just wait to see what she says.

Ian
11-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Yeah, we bought on day one. Not sure if that matters or not, but ....

The ironic thing is, I chased after these points and got them, and now I have no clue if I'm even going to be able to use them or not!

My vacation time is already pretty taxed for next year. :(

Chrisx2
11-24-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure when we will use them but I'd still like the option! Our guide is usually really on top of things so hopefully she'll call me back soon.

Chrisx2
11-27-2008, 12:10 PM
We got them! Our guide's manager has been out of town but she went to another and got approval. Yeah! Not sure when we'll be able to use them but I'm glad we have some options.

dteed
11-27-2008, 07:45 PM
I was down last week and added 100 points at BLT. The dues are the lowest of all the properties since the building is a one building hotel and landscaping costs and other expenses are smaller than the more expansive resorts. Since the BLT will not be ready till Sept they also gave me 100 points to be used at SSR or world passport, they have to be used by Oct 09. They brought us through the models which are at SSR and it was amazing. AKL and BLT are both very nice. We were planning on adding only a few points just to have the option to book 11 mths out but once we looked at the math we decided on 100.

DizneyRox
11-28-2008, 08:18 AM
We were planning on adding only a few points just to have the option to book 11 mths out but once we looked at the math we decided on 100.
Just to clarify for others, you can only book points for your home resorts at 11 months. So if you have 25 BLT and 200 SSR points, you can only book 25 points at BLT at the 11 month window. The remaining 200 need to wait until the 7 month window.

dteed
11-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Just to clarify for others, you can only book points for your home resorts at 11 months. So if you have 25 BLT and 200 SSR points, you can only book 25 points at BLT at the 11 month window. The remaining 200 need to wait until the 7 month window.

Correct, which was the other reason we got 100.