PDA

View Full Version : MA Learners Permit

Jeri Lynn
11-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Has anyone had a son or daughter take the learners permit test for MA lately?

I am going to bring my son tomorrow, he has been studying but the book has alot of material and some of it seems like it doesn't even apply.

I've heard all kinds of things about the test, some people say the questions don't even apply to the rules of the road and more about drugs and alcohol...even motorcycle questions.

He is nervous, he is not a good test taker, he tries hard to prepare but testing is hard for him.

I'm not sure but I think the test is 20 multiple choice questions and you have to score a 70% on it.

If anyone has any kids who has taken it would they remember some of the questions...I believe there are five test versions.

Thanks!

SBETigg
11-06-2008, 04:43 PM
My son took it last year. I was more nervous than he was. He only studied the website for a few minutes before we left and I thought he would fail. But no, he passed easily. He said the multiple choice made it so obvious and only one of the questions gave him pause. I wish I could recall what any of the questions were, but I can't. If your son's a good test taker, he probably doesn't need to stress over it.

IamBelle
11-06-2008, 05:01 PM
I want to take it ASAP but my friends have taken it and passed easily

Jeri Lynn
11-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Hi Sherry,
What website was it that your son studied from?

My son has not taken his drivers ed course yet due to his football schedule but he is 16 and can go for his permit.

Jeri

SBETigg
11-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Hi Sherry,
What website was it that your son studied from?

My son has not taken his drivers ed course yet due to his football schedule but he is 16 and can go for his permit.

Jeri

The MA Registry of Motor Vehicles site. They have the manual available online there.

poohspal
11-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Whew! Fun time. My son, now 17, did not have trouble with the test. He studied the free booklet you can get at any Ma Dmv.

Best of luck!

Liz

Jeri Lynn
11-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Phew....he passed. He said many of the questions were not even in the manual...I had ordered some practice tests online and he did a couple tests this morning and he said thankfully he did because some of the questions from the practice tests were on the permit test!

SBETigg
11-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Yay! I'm glad he passed. Now you just have to brace yourself and think about actually having him on the road. :blush: I'm sure he'll be great at it.

RedSoxFan
11-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Congrats to your son for getting his permit. DS16 got his driver's license in Sept. Tomorrow he will drive to school for the first time. I'm so nervous even though I've been through this twice with my older two sons.