PDA

View Full Version : Why are they not refundable?

julyjewel
11-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Since I cancelled my trip for December, we had already purchased our Christmas party tickets. Why do they make these norefundable? Maybe, I can frame mine.:mickey:

jonah'smom
11-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Not sure why they are non-refundable, but maybe you could sell them (not sure if that is a strict no-no or not). I know that I have seen other Intercotees give away tickets on here to the first person that PM'd them. I'm not sure if they state on them that they are non-transferable like the regular MYW base tickets. I would think if you have not used the tickets, it should be ok to sell them???? Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

DizneyRox
11-06-2008, 03:48 PM
I don't think there's a reason why, other than Disney says so...

Sortof makes sense, I'm sure Disney uses ticket sales for staffing the different events and can't afford to have people no show and want their money back, yet still pay their staff for working.

It also helps keep people honest and not "accidentally" buy tickets and then change their mind. If someone really wanted to go but couldn't get tickets, Disney needs to turn them away, and that would be a lost sale. Disney doesn't like losing money...

Ian
11-06-2008, 04:13 PM
The real answer is ... because it keeps Disney's pockets lined. :mickey:

As to the rest of your question, the tickets are non-transferrable so techincally you're not supposed to let other folks use them.

IloveDisney71
11-06-2008, 05:34 PM
I don't know if that is always the case or if we just got LUCKY but we had a trip booked for Disney in October and had purchased tickets to the MNSSHP and then hurricane Ivan or Katrina hit (I can't remember which one). Anyway, our school system took away our fall break so I had to cancel the whole trip. :( When I called to cancel, I asked them about getting refunds on all 5 MNSSHP tickets and they did it with no problem. Maybe I was able to get a refund because we had to cancel the whole trip? Did you ask about that when you called? If not, I'd call back and ask.

SteveL
11-06-2008, 05:55 PM
We had to cancel a trip once and had already purchased MVMCP tickets.
When we finally went to WDW I presented the unused MVMCP to the CM processing the purchase of passes and she scanned them and gave me full credit for them.
No questions asked.

KathyMO
11-06-2008, 06:12 PM
We were able to cancel our MVMCP tickets one year. I called WDW and told them we had to cancel our trip. They gave me an address to send the tickets back to. Once they received them they credited my credit card for the price of the tickets.

Kathy

buzznwoodysmom
11-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Just give Disney a call and explain your situation. Several years ago we had tickets to MVMCP and my DH wasn't able to attend. He was in military officer school and at the last minute wasn't able to leave with us for our trip, he had to meet us there 3 days into our trip. I explained everything to Disney and they let me mail the ticket back to them and gave me a full refund on his ticket. I am not saying that they will do the same for you, but it is worth a try. Good luck.

BMan62
11-07-2008, 10:35 AM
I don't know if that is always the case or if we just got LUCKY but we had a trip booked for Disney in October and had purchased tickets to the MNSSHP and then hurricane Ivan or Katrina hit (I can't remember which one). Anyway, our school system took away our fall break so I had to cancel the whole trip. :( When I called to cancel, I asked them about getting refunds on all 5 MNSSHP tickets and they did it with no problem. Maybe I was able to get a refund because we had to cancel the whole trip? Did you ask about that when you called? If not, I'd call back and ask.

You probably got the refund because of the Hurricane. They tend to be pretty understanding when it comes to hurricanes and cancellations.

crazeedizneefinatic
11-07-2008, 01:11 PM
We also got a refund on a MNNSHP ticket. We purchased 5 and my aunt had to return home early and missed the party. We called and they refunded the whole amount. I would assume they would do it since your case was beyond your control. If the vacation days were changed because of the school district that is beyond your control. Good luck it's worth a shot.

Marilyn Michetti
11-07-2008, 01:27 PM
The first year we attended, we were on the ferry back to SOG, and were talking about how we were looking forward to the party the following night. This poor mother next to us said, "What is the date today"? To her horror, she had missed their MVMCP the night before - I think six tickets were involved, and she was almost hysterical. I don't think Disney is going to replace "no show" tickets, but we all wished her :fingers: