PDA

View Full Version : So Bummed about P&P Party

senderella
11-06-2008, 11:07 AM
I am so bummed! Just saw the schedule for the P&P party. We were scheduled for our annual girls only weekend on Feb 6-9. We already had our costumes picked out. I wonder why the limited amout of party days? We have gone the past several years and have always gone first weekend in Feb. Very disappointing! Maybe we should dress up anyway.....

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Because it had very poor attendance last year. It's not as successful as they are hoping it will be. However, it took a couple of years for other events to pick up as well. Having spoken with Jeff Bachman about it, he said it typically takes 3-5 years to see profit from a new event.

Bethanymouse
11-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi Jess! Just wondering, do you think they will offer it in the summer months? Our honeymoon in in August and we would love to attend it again!

Disney Doll
11-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Because it had very poor attendance last year. It's not as successful as they are hoping it will be. However, it took a couple of years for other events to pick up as well. Having spoken with Jeff Bachman about it, he said it typically takes 3-5 years to see profit from a new event.

Which IMHO is really the only reason why it is worth attending now. We went the 1st year and there was no one there. It was fabulous! I did think it was odd to see the smattering of dates across several months instead of just Jan/Feb.

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 01:31 PM
i heard only good things about it- its sad to see it reduced

r4kids
11-06-2008, 02:01 PM
I too am not happy. We planned our vacation around this. We have now cancelled and are reschedualing for this spring. We traded in through Interval and got Jan and we were thrilled. Oh well we will go this spring. We are not going go for another few years after this trip.

tink179
11-06-2008, 02:06 PM
I am saddened as well! We were able to attend the first year they had the party. We missed it last year by one day, and this year made our trip a week later hoping to catch it. Darn it! :( Hopefully they'll bring it back in January again!!!

danicafan
11-06-2008, 02:48 PM
I too was hoping for a January Party, I remember the first party ever was on January 22 which is my Birthday. Was hoping for another Jan 22 party or one that week. Oh well, I'm already bugging my husband to go back in October for the MNSSHP, haven't been to one of those since 2002! Been doing MVMCP every year since!

joanna71985
11-06-2008, 04:43 PM
I am so bummed! Just saw the schedule for the P&P party. We were scheduled for our annual girls only weekend on Feb 6-9. We already had our costumes picked out. I wonder why the limited amout of party days? We have gone the past several years and have always gone first weekend in Feb. Very disappointing! Maybe we should dress up anyway.....

I just wanted to let you know- unfortunately adults can't dress up in the parks outside the parties (if there are any adults in your group).

senderella
11-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks Joanna....there are not kids this trip, and I would hate to embarrass my Little sis (25 year old). We won't be dressing up, but will sure be missing the party! Guess us girls will have to come up with some other fun activity....we are after all without kids, spouses, or responsibilities. I am sure we can find something in the land of MAGIC!:mickey: