PDA

View Full Version : SW and Blue Boarding Pass

bkfree
11-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi, We are flying with SW for the first time in Dec. Our son, ASD, will be with us, he is 9.
I called SW to tell them that I had a special needs child flying and they made a notation on our reservation and told us that when we checked in they would give us a blue boarding pass that would allow us to board first and get our seats. She also told me that there was no need to check in online.
Has anyone done this and is it correct that we do not need to do online check in?
I guess it just sounds too easy.:mickey:

BigRedDad
11-06-2008, 07:42 AM
It is not necessary to check-in online. You will have to check-in at the counter either way to get the blue boarding pass. This is probably why she told you not to check in online. It is also due to the fact that you would get a boarding number as well when it could have gone to someone else that doesn't have a blue boarding pass.

bkfree
11-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Thank you so much, I was sure that was what she told me but I wanted to double check.

I assume this is also what we will do when we fly home.

Great to not have to worry about that 24hr check in while we are at Disney.
Thanks.

RBrooksC
11-06-2008, 10:08 AM
You may check-in online but when you get to the airport, you will need to go to the GATE COUNTER to get the blue pre-board sleeve. The Ticket Counter will not provide you with that.

The number you get will no affect the other passengers because you will be pre-boarding so if you want to check-in before you get to the airport, that is fine.

If you have luggage to check, you may just to the kiosk and check-in the bags.