PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions?

mattandmandy
11-05-2008, 08:57 PM
We are arriving on a Saturday and some family in Florida will be driving in to spend the day with us. We are not going to the parks this day. We plan to have lunch together and we are asking yall for any suggestions on casual places to eat with 4 toddlers. We were thinking of the T Rex Cafe but are open to any other suggestions. (Not interested in Rainforest since we have one a couple of miles from where we live). I am thinking there are probably a lot of cool restaurants at some of the resorts too that we don't know about. Obviously we can not go to any of the park restaurants this day and a lot of the Character Dinings have no reservations. (This is for Saturday Nov 29th). Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

wdwfansince75
11-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL....good food, some fun for the kids, great setting....

Or the Boardwalk....Big River Grill serves lunch...Or the Kona Cafe at Polynesian....

any of the three gives you a chance to see the decorations at that hotel, and provides good food at reasonable (for Disney) prices. But for overall fun, and something for the kids, my first choice would be Whispering Canyon.

Natazu
11-06-2008, 03:26 AM
Jym’s Top-7 Best Restaurants Outside the Parks for a Casual Lunch Good for Four Toddlers:
7. Fresh (The Dolphin)
6. Whispering Canyon Café
5. Cap’n Jack’s
4. Turf Club
3. Olivia’s
2. The Wave
1. Kona Café

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Whispering Canyon at Wilderness lodge- my kids LOVE this place-
Plus the food is good and i also enjoy it-
Remember to ask for extra ketchup !!!:)

hardingella
11-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Never been but ive read a lot of good reviews for Beaches and Cream at B&YC. from what ive read it sounds a lot of fun:mickey:

DDuck66
11-07-2008, 11:01 AM
If you plan on going to DTD, I would suggest Wolfgang Pucks Express. It is a cross between CS and TS. You order at a line, but they bring the food to you. The youngsters will love the Mac n Cheese. IMHO it is the best in all of WDW.