PDA

View Full Version : How does the Laugh Floor work?

pink
11-05-2008, 07:23 PM
We were there in September and could not figure out how they see out into the audience. I looked behind the seats and I didn't see anything. Where do the comedians and the people who operate the show go? Are they behind the screen and how do they show close ups on peoples faces in the audience?

Thanks for the help. :mickey:

PAMOUSELOVER
11-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Next time sit in fron of one of those table lamps!

Villains0501
11-05-2008, 09:27 PM
I personally wouldn't reccomend this attraction to people w/o kids but since you asked, it's an interactive show like "Crush's turtle talk" except in a bigger theatre. It's a neat concept, I just think a different theme would've suited this attraction more.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Next time sit in fron of one of those table lamps!

It's not the lamps. The cameras are hung overhead and they are quite sophisticated as to be able to zoom in quite easily. I won't give out too much more info here.

big blue and hairy
11-06-2008, 08:37 AM
It's not the lamps. The cameras are hung overhead and they are quite sophisticated as to be able to zoom in quite easily. I won't give out too much more info here. I knew that. I was Randal last weekend and I wasn't in front of a lamp.

:sulley:

DizNee143
11-06-2008, 09:02 AM
I personally wouldn't reccomend this attraction to people w/o kids but since you asked, it's an interactive show like "Crush's turtle talk" except in a bigger theatre. It's a neat concept, I just think a different theme would've suited this attraction more.

totally disagree..its good for all ages...its a cute little comedy show!

TinkerbellT421
11-06-2008, 09:13 AM

I STRONGLY disagree. Me and DBF travel to disney by ourselves as a couple every year. We are older and we are like big kids (though any 'adult' that truly loves Disney is a big kid @ heart) and we absolutely LOVE this show. Along with Turtle Talk with Crush....we love the animation and the interaction. I believe this is a great show for people of all ages! :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-06-2008, 11:15 AM
I agree, it's for everyone. When my family came in, I was the youngest at 23 and everyone else really loved it. Then again, my stepdad was "that guy."

Polynesian Dweller
11-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Yeah, its fine for everybody. Its not a must do for us but it can be fun. A lot seems to depend on the crowd you're with. If the crowd is into it the show can really work and it can also be a bit dull if the crowd doesn't get into the show.

brdavis
11-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Curiously, I've not found Laugh Floor to be all that engaging, compared to Turtle Talk. This may be just a factor of the audience (it certainly makes a difference), but I think it's more due to the format. In Laugh Floor, the end goal is (visibly) putting the guests on the floor into the show, usually in a scripted place, which sometimes works. In Turtle Talk, watching Crush interact with parents and especially kids just seems amazingly more engaging to me. It also might be because (again, to me), Crush seems to have a much more expressive body language. And the situations that erupt when asking a bunch of kids, separate from their parents questions... priceless.

This last trip, after talking to a child, crush asked to talk to the parents. I assume to verify he had the right person, he asked "is this your child, Dude?" The parent replied "some of them", and when Crush asked where the others were, she admitted she didn't know. Without missing a beat, the turtle opened it's eyes significantly wider, staring at her, and without saying a word the message got across to the whole audience. When he eventually spoke ("Duuude... not cool", while slowly shaking his head), the audience was already splitting their sides from the situation. I've not seen that level of interaction (yet?) on the Laugh Floor.

--
Brian Davis

zebradome17
11-06-2008, 11:56 AM
As already said, the cameras are overhead. Also, you will see the cast member(s) crouching under the person they are talking to with a microphone.

Tinkerbella16
11-06-2008, 12:50 PM
We loved that show when we went last year!! We were laughing hysterically the whole time...even my uncle loved it!!

thrillme
11-06-2008, 01:08 PM
We were two adults and one almost 13 year old boy and we LOVED Monsters Laugh Floor AND Turtle Talk.

We're still using lines from Monsters on each other...we're Totally Telepathetic.

Nascfan
11-06-2008, 02:00 PM
I agree with disagreeing about not going without kids, to either of the interactive shows. I think they're great fun, for kids and adults alike.

Imagineer1981
11-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Curiously, I've not found Laugh Floor to be all that engaging, compared to Turtle Talk. This may be just a factor of the audience (it certainly makes a difference), but I think it's more due to the format. In Laugh Floor, the end goal is (visibly) putting the guests on the floor into the show, usually in a scripted place, which sometimes works. In Turtle Talk, watching Crush interact with parents and especially kids just seems amazingly more engaging to me. It also might be because (again, to me), Crush seems to have a much more expressive body language. And the situations that erupt when asking a bunch of kids, separate from their parents questions... priceless.

This last trip, after talking to a child, crush asked to talk to the parents. I assume to verify he had the right person, he asked "is this your child, Dude?" The parent replied "some of them", and when Crush asked where the others were, she admitted she didn't know. Without missing a beat, the turtle opened it's eyes significantly wider, staring at her, and without saying a word the message got across to the whole audience. When he eventually spoke ("Duuude... not cool", while slowly shaking his head), the audience was already splitting their sides from the situation. I've not seen that level of interaction (yet?) on the Laugh Floor.

--
Brian Davis

I agree. Turtle Talk is a much more exciting and entertaining attraction. M.I.L.F. (terrible abbreviation by the way) is too scripted and has a very low repeat factor, its the same over and over.

handmaidenofprincesses
11-06-2008, 04:24 PM
I love Monsters Inc! I dragged my whole family to see it again a second time, and we're all adults(ish). I thought it was really clever :) And I liked it a whole lot better than Turtle Talk (although that's fun too)

joanna71985
11-06-2008, 04:30 PM
I love the Laugh Floor! It's a lot of fun.

pink
11-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Thanks, I'm going to have to look for them next time. The laugh floor was one of our favorite experiences the whole trip.:mickey: