PDA

View Full Version : Candellight Procession?

Mackflava99
11-05-2008, 03:00 PM
What actually is the Candellight procession?
Can some one give me some info on it?

Thanks in advance

faline
11-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Read all about it here! (http://intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/cp.asp)

It's visually quite striking to see all the singers file in with the candles and arrange themselves in tiers on the stage. The presentation itself is a mixture of hoiday music interspersed with a reading on the birth of Christ. The reading is always done but a guest narrator who is a celebrity.

Maleficent's Dad
11-05-2008, 04:36 PM
It is, perhaps, one of the greatest experiences we've ever had in WDW.

We did it last year for the first time; had heard/read about it for years and always wanted to attend. So inspirational. So moving. Very impressive. And what a great way to get into the Christmas Spirit!!!

My only advice would be to definitely book a CP dinner package. The lines on the day we were there were insane - like nothing I've ever seen before (and no, it was not a weekend!).

eeyorelover63
11-05-2008, 07:11 PM
my brother actually had the chance to preform in this and it is choirs from all over the country and come together and it is the story of the birth of Jesus Christ. in between songs they have a narrator who reads the christmas story from the bible.

momofarealprincessf
11-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi! We are already bookedf for dinner and to see the CP on Dec 25th. The onlt thing I can't find is how long the CP lasts. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!:magic:

Goes4FastPass
11-06-2008, 04:32 PM
It seems like the program is less than an hour but by the time you queue up for it (even if you have the meal thing) it seems longer.

I'm not sure online descriptions say this clearly: The Candlelight Processional is very religious. The last one we attended was very very exceedingly specifically denominationally religious - I'm assuming because our narrator used his personal comments time to give his specific views.

At a time when scared people are too quick, in my opinion, to replace 'Merry Christmas' with the politically correct 'Happy Holidays' this program seemed very religious for a theme park.

I am in no way saying it shouldn't be religious. I'm only saying Kali River Rapids has signs that say, "You will get wet."

"SULLEY "RULES!!
11-06-2008, 07:13 PM
DH and I are going to try and see it on 11/28th after we eat at Teppan Edo. I hear it's amazing. We're counting the days now...........................18 to go ( 9 more work days ):cloud9:

Next trip: 11/24-12/5 @ the POP:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: