PDA

View Full Version : Will WOD change a watch battery??

JerseyMouse
11-05-2008, 02:59 PM
DW bought me a Mickey Watch for our anniversary a few years back, and the battery just died the other day.

We leave for WDW tomorrow and was wondering since we purchased the watch at World of Disney, would they be willing to replace the battery for me, anyone know?

TheRustyScupper
11-05-2008, 04:03 PM
1) No.
2) They do not
. . . change batteries
. . . change watch bands
3) There is too much liability
. . . "you scratched my watch"
. . . "you let moisture into my watch"
. . . "you broke my watch band"
4) it is easier to sell the watch and let service to jewelers.

NOTE: Even Walmart will not change batteries if you buy replacement batteries at their counters. For my cheap watches, I change the battery. For my expensive watches, I have a jeweler do it.

TinkerbellT421
11-05-2008, 04:21 PM
1) No.
2) They do not
. . . change batteries
. . . change watch bands
3) There is too much liability
. . . "you scratched my watch"
. . . "you let moisture into my watch"
. . . "you broke my watch band"
4) it is easier to sell the watch and let service to jewelers.

NOTE: Even Walmart will not change batteries if you buy replacement batteries at their counters. For my cheap watches, I change the battery. For my expensive watches, I have a jeweler do it.

Rusty I am new to this board. Sorry for the "off-topic" but me and DBF were talking last night and I have to ask...why do u number everything? Just curious :blush:

caryrae
11-05-2008, 04:31 PM
I bought a watch at the store on mainstreet and after a year or so the battery died and the next time we went to WDW I brought it back to the store I bought it from and they said they do not change batteries. This was several years ago.

kakn7294
11-05-2008, 05:28 PM
NOTE: Even Walmart will not change batteries if you buy replacement batteries at their counters.You're Walmart has different rules than mine - they will still change the battery at both of our local Walmarts. Usually though, I take them to the watch guy in the mall - $7 with a one year guarantee on the battery. :D

To the OP - as far as I know, Disney does not change the batteries on any of the watches that they sell.

mainemajor
11-11-2008, 07:04 PM
I have my local jeweler change my batteries. They have them and will replace them in a jiffy.

beksy
11-17-2008, 12:19 PM
All of my watches are cheap, Disney watches from Wal-Mart (I'm hoping to get one on our upcoming trip--any suggestions for the best place to buy one?). I've found Wal-Mart will change the battery as long as the watch was bought there.

henry.james.s
11-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Rusty I am new to this board. Sorry for the "off-topic" but me and DBF were talking last night and I have to ask...why do u number everything? Just curious :blush:

:confused:
1.I've been
2.wondering
3.that for
4.a long time
5.too

:D