PDA

View Full Version : Best Month To Visit

zebradome17
11-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Whcih month do you find best to visit? Personally, I find May time best because it's not as hot as in the summerbut the parks still have good opening hours and it's not too crowded.

TinkerbellT421
11-04-2008, 02:32 PM
In me and DBF experience we feel early January (sometime after new years and before marathon weekend, or right after marathon weekend) is the best time to go. For us it is anyway. Plus it helps break up cold/snowy weather in NE lol :mickey:

RAIDER
11-04-2008, 03:03 PM
First week of Dec is the best .The parks are relatively quiet and you have the added bonus of the christmas decorations :thumbsup:

DizNee143
11-04-2008, 03:25 PM
im a huge fan of january!!
temp is nor all that hot and crowds are not really crowds at all..lol..:thumbsup:

Zawadi
11-04-2008, 04:19 PM
September is a good time. There are no crowds, since most kids have gone back to school after Labor Day, yet the park hours are still long enough. The temperature is still good and you get to see the Halloween decs and parties.:pumpkin:

teambricker04
11-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Holiday Decorations and low crowds... Need I say more?!?!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
11-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Dh and I love October. We've been to Disney in September, November and December before, and they are also great times to go... But, if we had to choose we'd stick with October.:thumbsup:

Next trip: 11/24th thru 12/5 @ the POP
( 19 days and counting to the trip, 12 working days ):woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Mad About Mickey
11-04-2008, 07:11 PM
We love going in December, all the decorations, Osborne lights, etc... Added bonus, pleasant weather to visit while it's cold & blustery back home in New England :thumbsup:.

iadarolas
11-04-2008, 07:15 PM
We love May. The weather is great, hot during the day for swimming and waterparks and cool at night! The crowds are not bad at all and the parks have evening hours. We love May! I have never been in November or December but would love to go to see the Christmas decorations.:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
11-04-2008, 08:20 PM
We too have been Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec in past trips. Certainly its worth seeing the Christmas decorations but the extra light of October (expecially this) and F&WF makes it a better time for us.

scootch713
11-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Can't really put May and JUne together... May is great, June is not.. (imo of course)

Tink#64
11-04-2008, 11:40 PM
QUOTE=iadarolas;1775668]We love May. The weather is great, hot during the day for swimming and waterparks and cool at night! The crowds are not bad at all and the parks have evening hours. We love May! I have never been in November or December but would love to go to see the Christmas decorations.:mickey:[/QUOTE]

:ditto: We've only visited in April & May & early May is fantastic! But we would love to visit during the Christmas season! :santa3:

Red Randal
11-05-2008, 10:25 AM
I voted for Sept/Oct without looking at anyone's replies. I absolutely loved everything about October: fairly low crowds, climate, MNSSHP, Food & Wine Festival.

I can't speak from experience on early December but that is next on my list of times of year to visit. I'd also like to try January but I'm hearing that it's getting more and more crowded every year so I don't know if it will be worth it to be as cold and wet as it can be with comparable crowds to October/November.

May has also been a family favorite. I love that you get the Flower & Garden festival and that it lacks the heat and humidity of other summer months but the rain can still be an annoying issue.

bkfree
11-05-2008, 10:58 AM
I voted Nov/Dec for the Christmas extras.The magic of Disney multiplied by the Magic of Christmas.
But an extremely close second is Jan. In fact these are the only 3 months we will go.

DNS
11-05-2008, 11:01 AM
I went with September/October. Our favorite is about mid to late September.

Imagineer1981
11-05-2008, 01:17 PM
October is fantastic, nice weather, no crowds, MNSSHP, its just great

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
11-05-2008, 01:39 PM
First week in Dec. is the best. Perfect weather, low crowds, and chrismas decorations are the best.

KAJUNKING
11-05-2008, 02:50 PM
we love september, very low crowds, long hours, halloween party, free dining, it is still hot but being from louisiana its not too bad :mickey:

DisneyFr33k
11-05-2008, 04:48 PM
We love to visit during the Food and Wine Festival - mid October to beginning of November! :beer::wine::eat:

Daddy Mouse
11-05-2008, 05:30 PM
The best time to be there for my is the only time I'm able to get down there. That is the summer. I would like to be there from November to February sometime, but that will have to wait until I retire or win the lottery? Since I don't play the lottery it'll be retirement.

Figaro
11-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Hands down, Nov and Dec are the best times to experience Disney magic! :mickey: If you pick the right weeks, there's almost no one at the parks or resort pools. On top of that, it's decorated for the holidays, and makes it that much more magical!

GrmGrninGost
11-05-2008, 09:11 PM
October for me! The weather is usually great and I love MNSSHP!

Disneyfan1971
11-06-2008, 12:29 AM
I've been to Disney in May and August every time..and it wasn't too bad..In August (1995) Epcot's Futureworld wasn't crowded at all. But I'm looking forward to January :)

Disney Doll
11-06-2008, 11:31 AM
I voted Jan/Feb. I've heard good things about Nov/Dec, but DH just can't get off work that time of year since he works retail. We tried October for the first time this year and we prefer early Feb. The crowds are low and the temps are cool.

MinnieMommie
11-07-2008, 07:16 AM
We really like Oct because the weather is warm but not hot, not too crowded, has the F&WF and MNSSHP. All good things in Oct. We also like end of Nov and through Dec right before Christmas Eve. Not too crowded, nice weather (although cooler than Oct.) Mickey's Christmas Party and all the bewutiful holiday decorations. Very festive. I like visiting the resorts and viewing how beautifully they are decked. We also like Jan. It is a nice break from the winter up north and not crowded. Sort of late Jan through early Feb is nice and not crowded at all. May and early June before the schools get out are also nice weather and not too crowded. Those are our families favorite times of year to visit! :mickey:

kelly.garrett
11-07-2008, 07:55 AM
I like early February. While holiday decorations are awesome in December, I love experiencing "traditional Disney." I also find the temperature in February to be perfect.

Roland
11-07-2008, 10:04 AM
I personally prefer the last two weeks of September as the crowd levels are fairly low and I get to go to the waterparks. Line length is very manageable and most times Fastpass is not needed.

I truly enjoy my Flower Power concerts during May but often resolve myself to knowing I won't be having the freedom to ride whatever I want whenever I want. Experience has shown me the 'sweet' times to visit attractions during the day.

PixiePrincess
11-07-2008, 12:50 PM
We like to go in January when it isn't too crowded! :thumbsup:

amd780
11-08-2008, 10:59 AM
I voted for January/February. Crowds are light and the weather is great - 60s-70s and fairly dry. We went in the middle of January on our past 2 trips - we're going to try the end of January next time, because we've heard that crowds are supposed to be even lighter then. :mickey:

PiratesCove
11-08-2008, 11:38 AM
The week before Thanksgiving! We love it!!

tjstrike
11-09-2008, 04:04 AM
End of Sept. to mid October. I also like late Jan. , early Feb. ( Low crowds )

iluvdumbo
11-09-2008, 08:10 PM
i think the best time to go is first weekend in december ! all of the xmas decorations are up and they are amazingly pretty and beautiful ! (amazingly isnt a word i know but im only in high school i can make mistakes right ?) well anyway i think that is the best time to go and also april/may. :fworks: hehe i like this smilie !

4ubie1
11-10-2008, 10:37 AM
My vote was for Nov/Dec. I have had good luck with this time frame. Cooler temps and less crowds are a delight..only watch out for the holidays!! They do make up for it people-wise around then. Other bummer is many attractions tend to go down for refurb around then :blush:

iheartdisney
11-10-2008, 12:01 PM
With regards to crowds I think September and early May are best. But the Christmas decorations can't be beat! We've been twice during the first week of December and while we haven't experienced "low crowds" like others have, the decorations made up for it! Simply beautiful!

CU Tiger
11-10-2008, 12:22 PM
We love going during May. :thumbsup:The crowds are down, it does not get too hot, there are very few pop-up thunderstorms, and the bugs are not bad yet!:mickey:

indytraveler
11-10-2008, 01:37 PM
I chose Jan/Feb. because of decent weather and shorter wait times for rides. Take away Holidays (New Years, MLK Day) and wait times should be down. However with kids in school we try the Sept./Oct. times as do most of you. :D But each year we are at WDW in July.

PrincessASquared
11-10-2008, 05:59 PM
My family loves going in early December.:cloud9: The X-Mas decorations are great, the weather is usually pretty good and there are so many fun holiday things to do.

laward32
11-10-2008, 08:30 PM
I like October for the weather and the crowds aren't too bad. There seemed to be a lot of people walking around, but we didn't wait long on any of the rides.:mickey:

Faver
11-10-2008, 09:02 PM
:mickey: I love visiting in December... the holiday decorations are beautiful.... only 38 more days til' we're there!!!!!!:cloud9:

Meerkat
11-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Another vote for November, but before Thanksgiving. Holiday decorations are up, and the weather is great.

dfamasb
11-13-2008, 02:18 PM
I love early December for the decorations and small crowds and the cool weather. We're trying early February next.

DisneyHoneymooners
11-14-2008, 10:25 AM
We love to go in late Septmeber.
The weather is still warm but not oppresive like in the summer, the crowds are lower with school back in session, but there are still plenty of parades and fireworks. But the best part is MNSSHP. We never miss it!!! And my DH likes to go then because it appeases me for the following 2 months that he's gone every weekend for hunting season!

Disney fans..
11-14-2008, 10:52 AM
I have only been to the World in November/December..so I picked those months. I just can't see going any other time, it is so pretty when they start with the Christmas decorations.

:santa3::grinch::elf::tree:

honeebee86
11-15-2008, 03:18 PM
For me, the second week of November. I usually run into veteran's day but its not too crowded and after its over the crowds disappear. I go then because I can catch the last day or two of the F&W Festival and the beginning of the X-mas festivities. I get the best of both worlds!!!!:cloud9:

KatMark
11-15-2008, 09:16 PM
We love September--any time during the first three weeks. Free dining! Less crowds--a lot of people don't like that time of year because it is "hurricane" season (although hurricane season is more than just September); it is hot--we like hot over cold or cool (give us a break...we live in Chicago and we only have two seasons--summer and winter...we never seem to have a spring or fall anymore) and we deal with enough cold at home.

Tinkerbelly84
11-18-2008, 10:13 PM
My favorite time to go is October. I love the MNSSHP