PDA

View Full Version : Blood drive went great

Stitchahula
11-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Well we had a blood drive in honor of my 5 year old on Sunday. He's transfusion dependent so having enough blood is really important to us (and so many others). We had a really great turn out I forget how many there were is was something like 68 people and 4 of them were double red cell donors. I guess there were even more people but not everyone could donate for what ever reason. He was so excited he had been talking about his blood drive for the entire week. Then we got a call from a reporter and she did an article on him and put a picture of him and his brother in the paper. We had another reporter show up at the blood drive and there is going to be another article in a different paper. He's loving being "famous". It was really strange talking to reporters though because I'm so used to sugar coating everything with him that telling how it really is was hard. We had so many donors tell us on Sunday that they showed up just because of the article in the paper that the story about my little boy really touched them. I wanted to cry, it was so nice to see so many people that had never met him before come out of their way and donate just because of my little boy. It looks like we'll probably be doing this at least once a year. It sure was a long day though.

TinkerbellT421
11-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Awww that is so wonderful to have had so much support for your son and you and your family! I hope everything go great for you and your family and I will keep you and your son in my prayers and sending pixie dust your way so you keep getting the support you need! I wish you the best of luck!

DizNee143
11-04-2008, 02:44 PM
aww that is so great!
glad you guys had such a great turn out!!! :thumbsup: