PDA

View Full Version : copy photopass disc???

MILWDIANA
11-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Just back!!! What an incredible trip! We went with 2 other families and would like to purchase the photopass disc.

My questions is, once we receive the disc can we copy it????

Thanks!!!!

BigRedDad
11-04-2008, 08:33 AM
I am sure you can. It is a standard data disc. I do not know if there is any encryption on it. Since you can copy the files from the disc to your hard drive, there should be no reason not to be able to make a direct disc copy.

DDuck66
11-04-2008, 09:01 AM
There is also a disclaimer that states you are the owner of the material contained on the disc, which allows you to print, copy, etc at Wal-mart, Walgreens and various other places. Some retailers have refused to print other copies of Disney and professional taken pictures because of copy right laws.

WDWFanatic
11-04-2008, 09:04 AM
We went with a couple other family last time and we shared the photopass disk with them when we got back. If you can't figure out how to make a copy, you can always just let them upload the pictures to their computers.

rookie
11-04-2008, 10:00 AM
just upload to snapfish or some such service and share it with your group

Disneyfun
11-04-2008, 01:01 PM
I have personally copied our photodisk for a family that we shared the photopass with on a combined vacation. It is fairly simple and worked just fine. The files are listed as simple jpegs (if I remember correctly) and all you have to do is copy and paste!
So simple a caveman could do it....ooops, wrong conglomerate! :blush:

scootch713
11-04-2008, 08:23 PM
You have to be sure you put them all on one account, so they come on one cd... then whoever it is mailed to now owns all the copyrights and can do whatever they want with it.