PDA

View Full Version : Wheelchair hopping ?

buzz638
11-03-2008, 01:54 PM
I will need to rent a wheelchair on our upcoming trip for my mother-in-law.
My questions is : When i rent a wheelchair in the morning for example at MK, then we go to EPCOT in the evening, do i have to rent the wheelchair again, or i can have somekind of ticket to take a wheelchair at no cost since i paid for one in the morning ???

Thank you all for your usual help:thumbsup:

Buzz

BigRedDad
11-03-2008, 02:01 PM
I think you get a voucher/receipt. I believe the rentals are for a full day of use.

kakn7294
11-03-2008, 06:50 PM
I believe that it works the same as the rental strollers - you will get a receipt at the time of rental that you must present at the next park's rental location where you will get a new wheelchair for free pending availability of course.

wdwfansince75
11-03-2008, 07:29 PM
You can rent wheelchairs or ECV's at the parks, and if you hop, you get a voucher to get a replacement at the second park. Some of the resorts also have limited numbers of free loaner wheelchairs. We were told they are for resort property only, but I have seen them on buses and monorails.
You can also rent wheelchairs or ECV's (scooters) from multiple off site locations. On our last trip, we used (and recommend) Buena Vista Scooters. Can be a problem on buses, although most of the Disney buses can accomodate them.

With wheelchairs, the incline from the gate to the castle can be noticiable, and the pavement in the AK can be a problem. The ECV's handle both with ease.

buzz638
11-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Thank you very much for all your help :thumbsup:
I really appreciate it

Buzz