PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want an actual Horizons ride vehicle?

Finiamh
11-03-2008, 10:51 AM
It even plays the ride sequence through the speakers still.

http://mousesurplus.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/horizons-retired-attraction-vehicle/

Talk about being able to have some Disney nut bragging rights. They also sell actual furnishings and material from the resorts and parks to get rid of it after rennovations.

Mackflava99
11-03-2008, 10:59 AM
I actually bought a piece of furnitre from the beach Club and it is excellent-

WonderlandsMostWanted
11-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Nobody's jumping on the It's A Small World Fastpass sign? :D

ColtsDonald
11-03-2008, 11:40 AM
That....Is.....AWESOME!

Now, I only need a huge building, and I could start on the re-make of Horizons.

danicafan
11-03-2008, 11:53 AM
I miss Horizons. I loved that ride!!

mcjaco
11-03-2008, 12:31 PM
It even plays the ride sequence through the speakers still.

They've had that thing for quite some time. I can't justify the $10k price point.

As for the speakers, I think that's a bit misleading. They're just speakers that you can hook up to any audio. So, I'm sure they meant, "If you have the audio ride through for Horizons, you can play it through the speakers."

Finiamh
11-03-2008, 03:04 PM
"..and the vehicle actually plays the ride sequence when you sit inside of it "

Looks to me like it has the recording still on it. If I bought this and it didn't have the playback I could heavily ding them for misrepresenting the item.

mcjaco
11-03-2008, 04:46 PM
I see four speakers and a subwoofer. I don't see anywhere where a recording would go.

I'm not familiar with how the audio worked on Horizons, but I highly doubt that each ride vehicle had it's own tape. That'd be really expensive.

Then you have to wonder, if they sellers would even be allowed to sell the tape of the audio, as it should still be copyrighted for Disney.

CaptSmee
11-03-2008, 07:18 PM
I bought an All Star Music comforter for like $5 from them awhile ago...

Diznee4Me
11-04-2008, 07:54 AM
I have also purchased a couple of things from them. Some park signs, a comforter and phone (which still works!)from Coronado. It is :cool: to have actual park/resort items.

TheRustyScupper
11-04-2008, 08:00 AM
1) Some of their deals are reasonably priced
2) Some of their deals are not reasonably priced.
3) IMHO, Horizons ride vehicles are in the second category.
4) Give me a good You Tube video of the ride and I am happy.

handmaidenofprincesses
11-04-2008, 08:37 AM
My cousin has bought a ton of stuff from them over the years. He currently has an original DL Space Mountain car sitting in his garage. My brother sat in it and pulled the bar down to take a photo and got locked in it, which was kind of funny, but only b/c my brother was too stupid to listen to Scott tell him not to pull the bar down and b/c he actually believed it when Scott said there was no way for him to unlock it. :secret: Nothing like making Dan sweat haha

mcjaco
11-04-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm not familiar with how the audio worked on Horizons, but I highly doubt that each ride vehicle had it's own tape. That'd be really expensive.

Never quoted myself, but I just had too. :D

I did a little digging on the audio, and asked an "expert"." LOL.

The narration came by way of an Infared link to each of the cars. Not sure on the actual musical score. Still looking on that. :thumbsup:

KAJUNKING
11-04-2008, 11:49 AM
1) Some of their deals are reasonably priced
2) Some of their deals are not reasonably priced.
3) IMHO, Horizons ride vehicles are in the second category.
4) Give me a good You Tube video of the ride and I am happy.

:ditto: i agree 10k is a little much, i think a youtube video does a better job of bringing back the experience

andreallybadeggs
11-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Won't be shelling out that kind of money but can tell you from my 2 trips there this summer (and I live 1,000 + miles away) that everything I've purchased from them was a good deal. I'm enjoying my GF table; DD's dorm room is Disney eclectic with nice little touches from AS resorts, GF, Dolphin, and AKL :thumbsup:

CaptSmee
11-05-2008, 10:33 PM
I'd love to have in my living room!

Tink#64
11-05-2008, 11:17 PM
:blush: I knew that I shouldn't have read this thread! I had to go & see for myslf what they were selling. Thee's some really cool stuff! I just bought a sunburst mirror that was used in Coronado Springs Resort! It wasn't a bad deal & I love Sun & Moon decor & I thought it was really cool! Now I'm gonna be watching to see what other cool items they have for sale! :blush:

Disneyfan1971
11-06-2008, 12:03 AM
I remember this ride like it was yesterday..and only went on it once.