PDA

View Full Version : How to address CM for room requests???

DONROCK
11-03-2008, 07:42 AM
When checking in, how do you bring up to the CM about your room request? Honestly, I'll be happy wherever I get to lay my head as I will be in Disney. But, I would like to mention a first or second choice, but I don't know how or when to mention this without sounding pushy. Please share your tips :)

BigRedDad
11-03-2008, 08:22 AM
First, I would wait to see where they assign me. Depending on where they assign me, I would ask them to see if they could accommodate a recommendation if it is not where you wanted. Be polite, courteous. If they can assist, they will.

Marci
11-03-2008, 10:19 AM
When we were checking in at CBR, I asked they CM if they had any of the newly refurbished Finding Nemo rooms available. She went and asked her manager, and unfornuately they didn't but it never hurts to ask.

TammiMcMan
11-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Depending on what resort your staying in, there's a very good chance that your room will be pre-assigned before you even get there. Your best bet is to call CRO or your travel agent if you booked through one and have your requests noted right on your reservation. At check-in, you can ask the CM if they were able to assign a room that fit your requests. Even though it may have been pre-assigned, you can always ask for a change. Requests are very common in the hotel industry, no one would be surprised by that.

DONROCK
11-04-2008, 07:25 AM
I'm rather timid when it comes to these things. I don't want to blurt out the request upon stepping up to the counter, yet don't want to wait til they already have everything done and then ask them to re-do; giving them extra work. By the way, we're staying at All Stars Sports. It's just my teenage daughter and myself. We prefer "not" to be in the football or baseball section....just a "girl" thing!lol

TheRustyScupper
11-04-2008, 08:08 AM
1) OK, we have to review how rooms are assigned.
. . . assignments are made at the resort by "ROOMS" CM's (assigners)
. . . non-DVC-resort rooms are assigned 3-4 days in advance
. . . in some cases, this gets as close as 1-2 before your arrival
. . . in really slow occupancy times, many rooms are assigned at check-in
2) So, when you check-in, your room is usually pre-assigned.
3) When you approach the Front Desk CM
. . . give your name and photo ID
. . . say, "before we go through the process, where is my room?
. . . if you are not satisfied with room or requests, ask for a room change
4) If possible, you can be reassigned in your room category.

NOTE: Your other option is to bend over the counter, grab the CM by the lapels, shake vigorously and demand a room with "MK castle in the window, clear fireworks view, free concierge floor upgrade, connecting room, nightly turn-down service, two king beds with a roll-away, and with fridge-microwave-toaster near the 50" HDTV with surround sound. Even if you are staying at a Value resort.

fupresti
11-04-2008, 11:27 AM
1)
NOTE: Your other option is to bend over the counter, grab the CM by the lapels, shake vigorously and demand a room with "MK castle in the window, clear fireworks view, free concierge floor upgrade, connecting room, nightly turn-down service, two king beds with a roll-away, and with fridge-microwave-toaster near the 50" HDTV with surround sound. Even if you are staying at a Value resort.

OK, so your saying this is a bad idea :woohoo:

WedWay Peoplemover
11-04-2008, 12:29 PM
I just did this on Friday.. After they log in to your reservation, just say something like..

"I'm not sure when in the process you can do this, but I would like to request a room in building 3"

The Cast Member working with me checked into it and lucky for me, there was a room type that I wanted available.

I would probably not wait until they've already done everything and then ask for it..

DONROCK
11-05-2008, 07:28 AM
These are great suggestions! You have been so helpful - thank you!!

Red Randal
11-05-2008, 10:18 AM
I've always faxed over a request about a day or two before leaving (using the Intercot template from Info Central!)

I've always had them honored. Well, except for the time I asked the Poly for a room with a MK view in a building without MK facing rooms. The room assigner had some trouble with that one. :blush:

kemps@wdw
11-05-2008, 05:18 PM
You're not sounding pushy, you're asking for your room/section preference. And if you don't ask, you'll never know! We always give our preferred room # when we make our initial booking. I believe the resort does not get your
ressies until 5 days before you're scheduled to arrive. At that point, we call to confirm and again ask about our preferred room. We usually check in EARLY (7-8am), and again ask for the room we want, and usually get it, or close to it. Also, if you have any special requests, (frigs bunkbeds, etc...) follow the same procedure, and you're more likely to get it. :mickey:

DONROCK
11-05-2008, 08:35 PM
I never thought about actually calling the resort a few days before arrival. I've heard that faxes are rarely looked over these days as the resorts get overwhelmed with them. Perhaps I'll try the phone call - I like that tip. Thanks!

honeebee86
11-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Just try and stike up a conversation while they look up your reservation and then ask if the have a room open that is close to the main building. I do this everytime and everytime they get me as close as they possibly can. I have even been given a perferred room once.

illini
11-14-2008, 09:01 AM
For one thing, have it noted on your reservation. That usually takes care of it.

When I arrive, I"m always excited and chatty (poor CMs-- at least I'm not yelling at them!) and ask if they can tell me where my room will be once they pull up my info. I've always been happy, but I guess if I wasn't I'd just ask if there was any way they could put me in X or Y instead.

mouseketeer mom
11-15-2008, 06:05 PM
When we checked into the Poly on our last visit, the room that we were assigned was not even a little bit close to what we requested..we got second floor, no balcony, in a bldg we didn't ask for. We requested ground floor with patio in a different bldg. Person checking us in had no record of my request even tho I had it noted on our ressie and faxed the resort prior to our arrival. I was told at that point THE ONLY SURE WAY TO MAKE SURE THE RESORT RECEIVES YOUR REQUEST IS TO CALL THE FRONT DESK OF THE RESORT A FEW DAYS BEFORE OUR ARRIVAL. I will always do this from now on. Needless to say, they did put us in a different room, but it wasn't like anything we requested.

AuntDJ
11-15-2008, 08:13 PM
I usually go in June- Very busy season...

I always book thru Magical Journeys, and Karen puts the requst on my reservation.

I never follow up with call or fax or anything. When I check in I casually say to the CM something like, "I requested building 4 do you see that? " or "Can you tell me if my request for building 4 was able to be granted?"

So far, in 4 years, I have never not gotten it...this past year, I was assigned another building and when I asked, the CM checked it out and gave me building 4...

I think just be nice, casual and polite. I have always had CM's respond...

Have fun!
DJ

Dsnygirl
11-16-2008, 11:59 PM
I just called CBR last week to ask how I should handle a room request, as we'd like a Nemo room in December. The CM I spoke to said rooms are assigned about 6 days out, so to call back 6 days or less out from our arrival date, and ask to speak to their "room assigner". She said that this person deals with special requests, and would be able to help me at that point. So -- try that, and hopefully it will help!! :thumbsup:

Kerr0173
11-17-2008, 06:19 PM
:mickey:OK, I have read a couple of threads about room requests and being lucky enough to get them! We are staying at BCV in early January on DVC points. What exactly would be a desirable room or building at BCV as we have never stayed there? If it helps, we will have 4 adults and 4 children, ages 21 mos, 6, 8, and 11. I guess I would be interested in any action or fun view that might be available (if there is one).
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Kerrie:mickey:

Kerr0173
11-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Sorry, I did not mean to put that question in the middle of your thread!LOL
Kerrie

DONROCK
11-18-2008, 12:52 PM
No apology necessary. The more questions, the better. Just means more Disney info!!:mickey: