PDA

View Full Version : 5 4 3 2 FUN!! (Day 5)

maizey05
11-03-2008, 02:44 AM
Day 5: Our Park-Hopping Last Day Finale

We woke up and ran down to DL, for Morning Magic, once again. The park was much more crowded this day, as it was later in the week. Lines for most Fantasyland rides, were long. We decided to go on Pinnochio, since it was the shortest. DS loved it, except for when we almost were swallowed up by Monstro. DS thought he was really scary. Rode on the carousel again. (Or as DS calls it, "big, white horses".) By that time, the entire park was open. We decided to explore Frontierland, since we hadn't been there much yet. We happened upon Big Thunder Ranch, which I have never see before, in my 10+ times at DL. The ranch was just opening. I asked a CM if the ranch had always been there, and we ended up chatting for quite a while. He was a nice, older gentleman, and the most wonderful, friendly CM, we've ever encountered. We took DS to the petting farm,where he made friends with the critters. We ended up staying for Woody's Roundup, while coloring a picture and decorating an extraordinarily messy cookie. What fun! We thanked our favorite CM, and were on our way to BTMRR.

Got a bite to eat in NOS. I found the mint juleps very addictive. Got in line for HM Holiday. DS, upon entering the HM elevator, said, "Dark! Go bye bye". Without further ado, we whisked him outside and started for the hotel for a nap.

DH, bless his heart, stayed with our son, once again, for his nap. I was off to DL, for more "big kid thrills". (Note: In all my times in DL, I have yet to experience Splash Mountain, as I am terrified of large drop-offs/falling.) I mustered up some courage, and got in line. After standing in line for some 15 minutes, we were told the ride was experiencing some problems, and would be shutting down. So much for courage! Did POTC again, and Space Mountain. Went back to Mainstreet to catch the DL Railroad:train:, for a circle tour. I asked a CM at the platform, if I could ride in the caboose. Yes, I could. Woohoo! (Thinking the caboose was the "Lillybelle", I stepped inside, to find the car, not fancy or special, like I had heard.) I found another passenger there, and at the risk of sounding like an idiot, asked him if this was the "special car". Being a local, he filled me in, not only on the mysteries of the Lilly Belle, but on other DL "secrets". (Oh, how cool was I now!) It was now time to reunite with my guys, at DCA, to see DS's much loved, Pixar Parade.

DS was even more into the parade this time. DH filmed it, so we can watch it again. After the parade, we got up and hurried back to DL, for our last few hours fun in the park. Got over to the entrance of DL. Went to get my park pass....but my purse is gone! No park pass, ID, $$, credit cards. DCA was closed, but a very nice security guard let me in. I found a maintenence CM, who searched "backstage" for it. Checked with other CM's who were very sympathetic, but couldn't locate my purse either. I was sure it was gone for good. Afterall, with so many people, it was sure to be swiped by someone. I ran to lost and found, where DS and DH were. The CM there, said she thought a guest had just turned in my purse. I was dumbfounded, that being left in a sea of people, my purse, with all it's contents, had been returned, by some honest soul. All I could do was cry. It may even be one of my fellow intercottes, who found it. If so, thank God for you!

Ok, breathe! Back at DL. We had a yummy dinner at the Plaza Inn. We had planned to see the parade again, but decided to do some more rides instead. Did babyswap at the HM. So happy I got to see HM Holiday. Loved the gingerbread smell, and the whimsical decor, however, I missed the regular HM, which is much spookier IMHO. Took DS on Dumbo. A CM gave all the kiddies waiting in line, a "magic feather". Right before the ride started, she came to collect it, for some reason (thought Dumbo had to have it to fly). DS got really upset, but CM said he couldn't keep it, during the ride. DS cried for half of the ride:(. We rode Casey Jr. DS wanted to ride the carousel, for one last time. We tried to get in line, but the CM told us the ride was closing down. DS was sad, and pretty tired. We made our way through the mass exodus of people, and wanted to do some last minute shopping in Mainstreet. It was so crazy, we left emptyhanded. We exited the gate to DL. DS, in my arms and sleepy, looked in toward mainstreet, saying "Goodbye Goofy, goodbye Dumbo, goodbye castle, goodbye fun". It was enough to break anyone's heart. Through my tears, I promised him that he would see them all again soon. :sadwave:
Now, to hold up to my promise.

pdrlkr
11-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

NotaGeek
11-07-2008, 03:27 AM
WOW! It's awesome that your 20 month old son really got the magic of Disney and could put it all together in words! Thanks for the reports! :mickey:

maizey05
11-12-2008, 02:17 AM
He's still living the Disney magic, NotaGeek. It's now been almost 3 weeks since we left, and DS still asks to see "5 4 3 2 Fun Parade". He naps with the menagerie of stuffed animals he got there. However, he looks at his stuffed Goofy and says, "want big Goofy".