PDA

View Full Version : Depressed

julyjewel
11-02-2008, 09:16 PM
My husband and I have our 10 year anivsary trip planned and paid for for Dec. 13-20. We have our airline tickets and our Mickey Christmas Party tickets. The problem we just learned that he needs a new car. It looks as if we will will cancel the trip. He wants to re-schedule the trip next december but it just won't be the same . We were supposed to go there for our honeymoon and AAA screwed that trip up for us 10 years ago. I'm not going to hide how I feel. I feel depressed and heart broken. My husband knows that and I know he is going to beat himself up over it. He says if we go, then he'l drive his car until the new year ( it failed inspection and I don't want him getting pulled over). I told him that we have no business going to Disney when he needs a new car and the spending money we saved would have towards a car.

He says he'll take me somewhere nice on Dec. 19, the night we were planning on going to the Christmas party for our anniv... It just won't be the same. Since it looks like we are not going, we are out the money we paid for the Christmas party tickets and for the flights. I'm hoping to get some kind of refund back on the flights. We booked on Priceline. I'm really sad and I know he is hurting too. Since I am starting back to school to become a nurse(I don't want to teach anymore) we won't get to have a trip until sometime next December or December 2010, when I graduate.

Life really ***** sometimes. it would have been our first trip without the kids. I guess I should be happy that i got to twice already. I just wasn't expecting this 40 days out from our trip.:(:nope::fit::angry:

Disneyatic
11-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Oh that is terrible and I truly feel for you!
I know how you feel, we had our trip for Dec 13-20 all planned and partially paid for and I got laid off in July and we decided to cancel. I am not working and in school full-time to finish my degree so money is tight.
It totally stinks and I have tried to console myself with the "we've been lucky to have been two times already" and "we'll go again in a few years" but it just isn't the same!
But even though our brains know that, it doesn't transfer to our hearts!!!

Hang in there, I try to remember that things happen for a reason and seem to work out in the long run!!
:tink: to you that things work out for the best.

weswerx
11-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Sorry to hear that!
Is there any way you can sell your tickets, since you can't get a refund?
It's bad enough that you can't go and have to spend vacation money on a new car, but you are also losing more money on unused tickets. That stinks.
I hope that something turns around in your favor soon and you can somehow go on your trip anyway.

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

SBETigg
11-03-2008, 07:07 AM
It really hurts to do the right thing when you want to go so badly. I'm so sorry. I wish it could work out for you.

:pixie: :hug: :pixie:

mrsgaribaldi
11-03-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm so sorry. I would be crushed. I'm sending you a PM

Mackflava99
11-03-2008, 03:03 PM
I understand- we had a bad period too- things turned around so i ope they do for you too-

julyjewel
11-04-2008, 10:38 AM
The depression and hurt is really starting to set in. I haven't felt this sad in a long time. I do thank all of you who are pulling for something to come out of it but now we officially cancelled everything. there was just no way with having to get a new car soon. It's nice to know that my fellow Intercotees always have a kind thought to share for those who are feeling down. Your words have been greatly appreciated.