PDA

View Full Version : A pin trading question....

spooky_kitten
11-02-2008, 05:52 PM
I have a question for all of my friendly and knowledgeable Intercot friends. Does anyone know how much the pin trading starter sets at DLR cost?

I've always wanted to start doing the pin trading stuff, but never had the money for it. Now I've finally convinced my hubby to let me start, so I'm hoping to start up soon!

BigRedDad
11-03-2008, 02:40 AM
If you are just starting, then I recommend using eBay. You can get cheap pins to trade with CMs to get starter. After that, it gets expensive.

spooky_kitten
11-05-2008, 11:05 AM
thank you for the advice! i looked on ebay and found alot of cheap pins, but i couldn't find a decently priced pin lanyard.

Magic Smiles
03-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Is pin trading as big in DL as it is if WDW? We have lots of WDW pins and would like to add to the collection with pins from DL. Are they the same pins as in WDW or different?

tinkwest
03-06-2009, 12:41 PM
I believe Pin Trading starter sets go for about $25. This usually contains a lanyard and four pins.

grumpydude
03-07-2009, 06:15 PM
The starter sets can be found at most of the resorts and are reasonably priced. $25

Aisling
03-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Magic Smiles - I believe the answer to your question is, yes.

They have pins that are the same at all parks and pins that are special to a specific park/area.

Make sure you have extra pins so if you find one you like on a CM, you can trade for it. I'm not 100% certain on this, but I believe if you ask for a trade, the CM has to trade. I don't do the trading thing, but somehow I have over 100 pins... it's addictive, to say the least.

Magic Smiles
03-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Magic Smiles - I believe the answer to your question is, yes.

They have pins that are the same at all parks and pins that are special to a specific park/area.

Make sure you have extra pins so if you find one you like on a CM, you can trade for it. I'm not 100% certain on this, but I believe if you ask for a trade, the CM has to trade. I don't do the trading thing, but somehow I have over 100 pins... it's addictive, to say the least.
Thank you. We will definitely take some pins to trade. Really will be interested only in DL pins and year specific pins.

Aisling
03-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Something I just thought of - if you have a Disney Visa, you can get special pins at the World of Disney store. Also at Greetings in California Adventure. You have to ask for them, the pins are usually behind the counter tucked away. I don't know if they do this at WDW or not, but you can definitely get some cute exclusive pins this way.

Magic Smiles
03-17-2009, 08:15 AM
Something I just thought of - if you have a Disney Visa, you can get special pins at the World of Disney store.

As I live in Canada, I can't have a DIsney Visa. It is I believe connected to an American bank.