PDA

View Full Version : Favourite DHS parade?

Zawadi
11-02-2008, 03:48 PM
After reading people's opinions on whether DHS is a 1/2 day park, it got me thinking of what had actually changed between my last two visits (2005 & 2008).

reductions in the backlot tour
Millionaire replaced by TSMM
Block Party Bash replacing Stars and their Cars(?)
Personally, I preferred the old parade. I think that Block Party Bash is way too loud (or am I getting too old? - no need to answer this! :)). However, on its plus side it does give you the opportunity to see characters that you would not normally see.

Which parade do you prefer?

goofygirl67
11-02-2008, 04:02 PM
The only reason I didn't like it was the action part was not continuos throughout the parade. I was waiting just as the came out and nothing really happened till they were all on the main street. It was a total waste of time to camp out when you don't get to see much of the action.
I don't know if I will try to see this again, the main street was very crowded.

RedSoxFan
11-02-2008, 09:11 PM
I liked the Stars and their Cars so much better than the Block Party. I was somewhat disappointed with the Block Party parade.

WDW24
11-02-2008, 09:13 PM
I thought the older parade was much better!:number1: It was much nicer than BPB; it really shoowed who the characters were. :mickey:

Tink#64
11-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Stars & Cars Motor Parade was so COOL! We never missed it! My DS's loved seeing all their favorite characters with the cars themed to match them! We saw the Block Party Bash in April & thought it was cute. But I don't think we'd waste our time with it again! You can't see everything that's happening like with a regular that passes by everyone. Too many people crowded into one area trying to see it all. Neat action & costumes, etc, but it seems to really miss it's mark of being able to be enjoyed by as many people as there are at one time trying to see everything! :(

Dragongirlx
11-03-2008, 03:59 AM
Stars in Motor cars was my favourite too. I saw block party bash this year and didn't like it at all. You only get to see the bit you are at unless you fancy fighting your way along. I'd bring back stars in Motor cars

DDuck66
11-03-2008, 11:31 AM
I guess that I am in the minority on this. I really like the BPB. I like the action and the fact that you can view the parade from several different locations and have a different experience each time. Maybe it is because it is new, but my DW and I really enjoyed it a lot more than the Stars n Cars Parade.

lightyearfan
11-03-2008, 12:27 PM
well me and dw voted for Block Party Bash, now even though we liked the Disney Stars and Motorcars Parade, it was the same parade year after year, Block Party is something that is very fresh and it gets people involved. it justs seems more entertaining, again don't get me wrong we also liked the other parade, it's nice to see that the park made a change to change things up a bit. going to MK we also feel that maybe it's time to change the Disney Dreams Come True Parade, and as much as we both enjoy that parade it can be replaced with something new, maybe the one from Disneyland that's on Samantha's Browns Disney Favorites Show.

Victor

Gator
11-03-2008, 03:27 PM
BPB may be fresh and new, but so is Stich's Escape. I haven't heard anyone saying Stich's Escape is better beacause it's new. Star&Motorcars was a great Hollywood style parade. Plus, it keeps moving. The fact that BPB stops and takes what seems like an eternity to arrive makes it a non-small-kid-friendly parade. They don't like waiting for anything.

CaptSmee
11-03-2008, 07:22 PM
I've seen Block Party Bash twice now, and I don't think I really like it all that much...:(

RAIDER
11-04-2008, 08:52 AM
I prefer stars in their cars ( my miles :blush:) :D

Mackflava99
11-04-2008, 08:55 AM
BPB may be fresh and new, but so is Stich's Escape. I haven't heard anyone saying Stich's Escape is better beacause it's new. .

Good one :)

lightyearfan
11-04-2008, 12:13 PM
BPB may be fresh and new, but so is Stich's Escape. I haven't heard anyone saying Stich's Escape is better beacause it's new.

First off this is my opionion, secondly i aslo stated that we also enjoyed the Disney Cars and Motorcars parade, and feel that as many times that me and dw frequent WDW, it's nice to see them changing things around , so that it's not the same old things that we are seeing, on every trip. now you are also entitled to your opionion. and last but not least i never mentioned that it was better, i mentioned that we enjoyed it more :mickey:

Victor

DisneyorBust
11-04-2008, 01:48 PM
I preferred the Stars and MotorCars parade.
(I have absolutely no interest in the entire HSM story) I like the old parade because it gave me a feeling of an old time Hollywood event, the music and the Disney stars combined mad it a great parade.

zebradome17
11-06-2008, 03:22 PM
BPB is fun and colourful but you don't see much when you're watching it because it keeps stopping. I preferred stars and their cars because it was continuous and you got to see more characters.:thumbsup:

Goes4FastPass
11-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Mulan
100%
Nothing like is since
Too way cool.

Zawadi
11-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Mulan

good call - I'd forgotton about this one.