PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vu (or it's a small world)!

Zawadi
11-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Has anybody met total strangers in WDW then met them again unexpectedly within the same vacation?

This happened to us when we shared a table at the Biergarten with a couple who we met again when we parked up behind them at the car rental drop off at Orlando Int. Airport.

TheMartellFamily
11-02-2008, 06:50 PM
One time I was waiting for DH and DS to get off one of the rides while I stayed out with my other DS napping in the stroller. Another mother did the same thing while waiting for her family to get off the ride. We started talking and the wait was for a long time even with fast pass. Our families came out at the same time and we went on our ways. Then a few days later my family we went to a water park and they were.

TennesseeTink
11-02-2008, 06:59 PM
A couple of years ago, we met a mother and daughter in the POTC queue. It was just before New Year's so it was a very long wait. My FIL(who's never met a stranger in his life) struck up the conversation and we chatted with them quite a bit, super nice people, lots of fun. The next night, they were sitting two rows in front of us at Fantasmic. We couldn't believe it! That amphitheatre is huge but there they were, right in front of us.

Disneyatic
11-02-2008, 09:58 PM
On our last trip we were seated next to a couple at the 50's Prime Time Cafe and our waiter decided we were cousins....she did all kinds of stuff to my husband and to the other guy, calling them Sparky and Spunky, it was so funny!
Well, we kept running into them all over the parks over the next few days and every time we'd see them our DD8 would say "Look, it's Spanky" and we'd all laugh!
I couldn't believe how many times we saw them, it was at least 5 or 6!

goofy for pluto
11-03-2008, 10:01 AM
When I was at MK for a day I sruck a conversation in line with a family who felt bad for me because I was by myself. I assured them that I was having a great time and that my friends were to arrive the next day.
2 Days later in Epcot while waiting to ride Test Track I was again in line by myself.
My friends daughter said no way would she ride so off I went. Well guess who was in the Queue with me. I know that they most likely thought I had made up the whole story of my friends meeting me. They even told me I could hang out with them If I was lonely. :)

Zawadi
11-03-2008, 04:18 PM
I've got another story...

On one of our trips we visited BB where I saw somebody who looked familiar but thought no more about it. The following week on returning to work, back in the UK, a fellow employee came up and said "Were you in Blizzard Beach last week? I thought it was you."

MissMaryPoppins
11-03-2008, 08:14 PM
A few years ago my family and I were in the Prime Time having a drink when a group of people came in with their kids. The kids all sat on a couch near us and one of the kids looked mad at the world while the other kids were goofing around. My brother and I laughed about how mad the kid looked while the others were having so much fun. So a few nights later we were in the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge waiting for our parents to come from our villa and we saw the kid again. Sitting on a couch with the same kids still looking mad.

On another trip we all went to dinner at the Cape May Cafe. I got on line to get some dinner and the man in front of me started talking while we waited. The next time I went up I was behind him again and we laughed about it. Then I got up to get dessert and was behind him again. So he turned around and said "We have to stop meeting like this."

Joy