PDA

View Full Version : Bummed over the GREs...

Dulcee
11-02-2008, 12:29 PM
So I just got back from taking the general GREs (for anyone who doesn't know they are more or less the SATs for graduate school) and while I did good I didn't get the score I wanted. :(

I know that the test scores aren't the most important aspect of getting into graduate school but it could hurt my chances...

Anyway... just really unhappy with the outcome and I take the Biology GREs next weekend so now I'm even more nervous for those :sad:

Adambomb85
11-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Don't stress too much about the GRE's. I took mine two years ago and didn't do too hot on them. However, I still got into one of the top graduate programs for my field - so don't worry. Hopefully they will examine more than just your test scores, and if they don't - probably not a place you want to be at anyway!

Hang in there! :mickey:

DrivingSideways
11-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Oh... the GRE (aka "One of the Worst Days of My Life"). Don't worry about your score too much. Mine was miserable, but I still got into the program I wanted. I agree with Adam; hopefully your preferred schools look for well-rounded individuals, not test scores.

I wish you the best of luck in your application process and your Biology GRE!