PDA

View Full Version : Disney Store Christmas Ornaments 2008

Kingmob31
11-01-2008, 09:35 PM
I was in my local Disney Store a couple of days ago and they have started putting out the Christmas ornaments:yay:
I don't know if anybody remembers, but last year they came out with some really great ornaments. The cast member I spoke to said they flew off the shelves last year.
In my opinion, these are much better than the Hallmark Disney ornaments (which I still love, by the way) and are a lot cheaper. They cost $8.50 each or 3 for $20.
I got three this round:
1. Dumbo flying & holding a feather
2. Stitch playing with a eukalayli (sp?)
3. Mickey and the Gang in a glove-shaped hot air balloon.
They had a lot more there. A lot of Princess stuff.
I looked on the Disney Store website and they had some listed that I didn't see on the store, while the store had some that I didn't see on the website.
They looked to be all new ornaments, except for the Jimmy Cricket holding a red, glittery umbrella (last year it was plain blue)
I'm going back in a week or two and I'll try to remember what other ornaments they have.:snowman: :santa2: :santa3:

Beast_fanatic
11-05-2008, 10:01 AM
I went to the Disney Store yesterday to pick up the Playhouse Disney hot air balloon ornament, and they had the ornaments for $6.50 each. :thumbsup:

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 11:55 PM
oh wow i am going tomorrow!! thanks for the heads up !!

Kingmob31
11-07-2008, 06:21 PM
I went by the Disney Store again today to see if they put out any more ornaments. Most of them can be seen on the Disney shopping site. The ones that were in the store but not on the site were:
:ornament:WALL-E
:ornament:Sleeping Beauty and Prince Charming dancing
:ornament:Jack Skeleton in the Santa Suit
:ornament:Chip and Dale hiding in something

Also, there was a Tinkerbell Tree Topper, a couple tree skirts and stockings.
:deer::sleigh:

i'm grumpy
11-08-2008, 07:30 PM
I wish I had a discount code. There's some new stuff online.

jnfr2424
11-24-2008, 09:36 PM
I got the Tinkerbell that her wings are really fiber optics and it lights up for $6.50! :thumbsup:

hokies4life
11-24-2008, 10:23 PM
I went by the Disney Store again today to see if they put out any more ornaments. Most of them can be seen on the Disney shopping site. The ones that were in the store but not on the site were:
:ornament:WALL-E
:ornament:Sleeping Beauty and Prince Charming dancing
:ornament:Jack Skeleton in the Santa Suit
:ornament:Chip and Dale hiding in something

Those sound so CUTE! I didn't see those at my Disney Store. I got the Aladdin and Jasmine one though, I was happy about that.

VWL Mom
11-25-2008, 08:03 AM
I wish I had a discount code. There's some new stuff online.

Have you signed up for their mailings? I had 2 offers last week, one 25% off and one 15% off, also found free s & h. I got my holiday sweatshirt which is really nicely done. Thought it would be iron-on but it is actually embroidered.

Disney Visa sent another yesterday for 15% off if you pay with DV.

They do have some specials going on right now on apparel, ornaments, and some decorations. They are on the lower left of the home page.

Also, if you sign-up for ebates you get money back on your purchase.

TinkerbellT421
11-25-2008, 08:21 AM
I am going to have to stop in there during my Black Friday escapades! lol! Getting a disney fix will help my bad mood with being around rude and ignorant people all day! :thedolls: lol

SurferStitch
11-25-2008, 12:31 PM
I already got some. I only paid $5.50 each (ours were marked down to $6.50 and I got the AP discount).

1. Tinkerbell on a poinsettia (wings light up)
2. Stitch playing a guitar (this one sold out almost immediately, and they haven't gotten any since).
3. Wall-E (also got the Hallmark one....pricey!)
4. Rose under glass (from Beauty and the Beast) - lights up

I bought the young Tink tree topper in the white outfit (that was also pretty cheap with the 25% sale and other discounts I got). We have 2 trees this year, so our large one gets the regular Tink topper, and the smaller one gets this new white one. I plan on getting the matching young Tink ornament, too.

hokies4life
11-25-2008, 12:48 PM
I figured I would mention that in addition to the Aladdin and Jasmine on the Flying Carpet I got the Rose from Beauty and the Beast, Stitch playing the guitar, and the red ball ornament with Mickey and Minnie on it.

We won't be at a mall that has a Disney store on Black Friday, but maybe they'll still have some good deals Saturday when we can stop by the one that is close to us.

OH, and also I got mine for ~$5 each. They were marked down to $6.50 and then I got 25% off the whole purchase. Sweet deal I think.

:chipdale:

RocknBev
11-25-2008, 12:55 PM
I loved them as well....and they look great on my Disney tree...and the 25% off was a bonus!
I think I purchased like 12 ornaments in all and you are right....they look better than the Hallmark ones and they cost less!
I also got the Mickey Star topper and the Tree skirt! :mickey:
I have lost my Disney mind! I can't wait to get to WDW in January! I will have to leave my Disney tree up so I can get some more ornaments to put on it!

Tinkerbelly84
11-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Ill be getting my tree skirt on Black Friday!

boo425
01-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Does anyone have a lead on the Wall-e ornament that was sold at the Disney store? I bought one for my son which got broken, and can't find another one! :mad: