PDA

View Full Version : 5 4 3 2 FUN!!! (Day 3)

maizey05
11-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Day 3: DCA

A repeat of the previous morning. Awakened by loud singing and music in DCA. I was starting to question if we had actually recieved an "upgrade" in room location.

We leisurely got ready, as DCA opened at 10. We entered the park, and took various photos in from of the giant candy corn. We hurried over to PHD. (DS isn't much of a TV watcher, but loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.) This isn't something I would have chosen to do, if not for DS. DS danced to the music, and liked the characters. He so badly wanted to run onstage, and see "his Goofy". Afterall, he got to see him upclose the day before. Why not now? The area we were sitting in didn't get any of the confetti or bubbles. DS was a little sad about that. (Hard to explain to a 20 month old, why he couldn't "see" Goofy, or have any confetti or bubbles to play with.)
We venture on, to Monsters Inc.:sulley: This was our first time on this one. I don't know anything about Monsters, but DH said the ride was a summary of the movie. He thought it was great. Over in Bug's Land, we rode the spinning ladybug ride and Heimlich's Chew Chew Train. The train was a really short ride, but I liked the watermelon smell. A quick lunch, for me at Pacific Wharf, then off for a nap, for DS and DH.
As for me, I strolled over to DL, for a ride of Space Mountain and Indy. The line for Indy was 35 min. After about 30 min., the ride shut down. After about 10 more minutes, things were running again. I should have been having a blast, since I was finally able to ride the "big kid" rides I had been waiting for. However, I began to miss the 2 smiling faces I had shared the "not so thrilling" rides with, ealier that day.
Soon, DS was up, and ready for the much anticipated Pixar Play Parade. (DS enjoyed watching the video clip of this on DL site. He always got excited when he heard the music.) We got great seats, and without staking them out much in advance. DS was extatic! He loved everything, but getting a little wet. He bopped to the music, and wanted to run after Mater. We were then, off to Goofy's:goofy: Kitchen, for a wonderful dinner.

BrerGnat
11-01-2008, 10:29 PM
I bet that singing is "rehearsal" for that darn High School Musical pep rally show that is ALWAYS going on over in DCA...

Other than that, sounds like you had a great trip!

maizey05
11-03-2008, 01:19 AM
yes, that would be it. got home. looked on the DL site. saw they were now advertising for their new HSM show in DCA. so happy i got to hear them practicing. i guess that's one of the drawbacks of having a room that's so close to the action.

pdrlkr
11-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: