PDA

View Full Version : Narcoossee's or Yachtsman Steakhouse

Tinkerbellfan
11-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Hello,

Currently, we have an ADR for Yachtsman Steakhouse for our trip in two weeks. We are debating about seeing if we can switch it to Narccossee's. We know it is last minute but it is a Monday night during a slower season.

Here is the problem:

We dined at Yachtsman Steakhouse once before and didn't have a great experience. The food was okay and the atmosphere was loud. But, we have already dined at Narcoossee's several times so we thought it may make sense to give another restaurant a chance.

We will also be dining at Artist Point, Flying Fish, Jikos and CG.

So,I would love to hear if anyone has had better experiences at Narcoossee's lately or if we should switch to Narcoossee's.

Thanks!

Polynesian Dweller
11-01-2008, 08:33 PM
We were at Narcoosees last week and had great food and great service. It is one of our favorites and we usually go once a trip and it has never failed us yet. You can watch Wishes (if you are there at that time) from a Window seat and the music is piped in. Highly recommend it.

henry.james.s
11-01-2008, 09:28 PM
If it was me I'd switch to Narcoossee's if you can. The overall experience is better hands down. :thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
11-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Personally, I'd switch to Narccossee's. You really are hitting the cream of the crop restaurants on this trip!

TexasPrincessAurora
11-01-2008, 11:24 PM
I'd definitely go with Narcoossee's! One of our all time faves...always great food, good atmostphere and great service! Artist Point is our other fave, but we usually take the kids with us there. Narcoossee's is our date night.

Aggie97
11-02-2008, 12:39 AM
Narcoossee's is one of our favorite WDW restaurants. We were there last weekend, and it was fabulous -- drinks, food, service, and the view of the MK fireworks. While we have enjoyed Yachtsman Steakhouse, we just prefer Narcoossee's in every aspect. :mickey:

disneyfan1124
11-02-2008, 08:04 AM
Interesting...we would never give up the Yachtsman and our favorite server, Oscar. Doing both isn't an option for you?

Natazu
11-03-2008, 03:32 AM
Here's my three cents:

Narcoossee's ☺☺☺☺
The last of the surf-n-turf venues accepting the dining plan, don’t let that novelty lull you into thinking this place is anything short of spectacular. Offering the best seafood chowder I’ve ever tasted, the seafood-centric menu teems with exciting culinary delights. Give a try to inspired crab cakes, perfectly grilled scallops, or one of the best salmon dishes on property. And for the sweet tooth, there are a lot of places at Disney cranking out crème brûlée but Narcoossee’s Key Lime Crème Brûlée far outshines the rest.

Yachtsman Steakhouse ☺☺☺☻
Bringing up the rear in the line of signature dining locations, Yachtsman offers decent steaks and pretty good service. They do have a great porterhouse and the diver scallops appetizer is excellent. This venue just lacks that special something that sets apart the signature restaurants from the mundane. For the money (or for the credits), there are many places that come through more consistently.

and some food for thought...
Citricos (Signature Dining) ☺☺☺☺☻
One word, “Gateau of Crab”, one of those dishes that makes you stop what you’re doing and concentrate completely on the food. Chef Phillip’s kitchen runs like a well-olive oiled machine creating one Tuscan enchantment after another. The hardest decision at Citricos is what to order. I’m partial to the swordfish and the filet jardin. Don’t forget to choose a selection from the 10,000-bottle wine cellar.

VWL Mom
11-11-2008, 08:25 PM
We ate there last week and while my Lamb was excellent and DS13's Filet was very good, the NY Strip was just okay and the Porterhouse was as tough as shoe leather. For us, the quality of food was not worth the price.

I wasn't happy with the service either. I let him know we had the DDE card in advance. When we ordered a very nice bottle of wine it seemed as if he knew he was getting 18% on that and he disappeared.

It was not a good experience for us.

SurferStitch
11-12-2008, 06:33 AM
Narcoossee's is our favorite restaurant on property. We dine there twice each trip, and have always had stellar service and food.

We always ask for Tom to be our server. He truly treats you like royalty.

Can't wait to go back!! Trying to see about booking a 7 for 4 deal. I hate budgeting!!! :blush:

DisneyHoneymooners
11-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Wow, this is a tough one! We ate ate both restaurants in September and while I'm not a huge meat-eater, the steak I had at Yachtsman was amazing! Also, we had awesome service.
I had seafood at Narcoosees which was out of this world-as was the service. I do have to say though that the atmosphere at Narcossees was better...if that helps at all

ibrowse17
11-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Another vote for Narcoossee's. We love the YM, but you need to try Narc's. If you can, plan it around Wishes at the MK. It really is nice to enjoy a wonderful meal, and then have fireworks for dessert:thumbsup: