PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's Pretzels No Longer Snack Option?

wildernesslady
11-01-2008, 03:30 PM
I was there last week to make dipped pretzels. When we went to register to use the credits the CM said they were no longer snack options. The other CM working said they were on the deletion notice. We were able to use credits, but she was not happy about putting it through. I suggested a sign notifing customers and she said they cannot sign when there were changes. There were 3 other people in line with me purchasing the same thing using credits. It seems to be a very popular item, why get rid of them? This is just a warning for those maybe wanting to save credits for this, you may not be able to in the future.

shortcake311
11-01-2008, 06:58 PM
My husband had a similar problem with the apple. We looked over everything and were told it was all included. He placed his order and we got to the register only to have to pay for the apple out of pocket. I was kind of ticked only because before ordering we made sure to ask if everything on the list was included.

MickeyMomof2
11-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Oh, I hope not! We're going in 2 weeks, and we were looking forward to the treats at Goofy's!

Goes4FastPass
11-03-2008, 03:52 PM
I (don't) love the way sombody at Disney Corporate does a Six Sigma project and determines cutting an apple or dipped pretzel from the DDP will save the company a million dollars if the DDP goes on for 257.8 years - so that employee gets a promotion and the guest who is paying thousands for a WDW vacation gets another little ouch in their overall experience.

KSS
11-03-2008, 06:00 PM
WOW... getting really tired of all the cutbacks...

HoosierDisneyFan
11-03-2008, 08:50 PM
This was a "snack" that I discovered and loved. I am disappointed that it is no longer on the DDP.

Maybe I will have to get 2 Dole Whips! (Don't even tell me they are no longer on the plan :fit:)

Polynesian Dweller
11-03-2008, 09:53 PM
WOW... getting really tired of all the cutbacks...

Remember, the Disney Corp is starting to look a staff cuts company wide. In this economy, its coming down to cutting something from the DDP or cutting someone's job. I'll opt to save someone's job.

TheRustyScupper
11-04-2008, 08:33 AM
. . . It seems to be a very popular item, why get rid of them? . . .

Need you say more?

Belster
11-04-2008, 12:12 PM
I was there two weeks ago and used this as my snack option no problem.......:confused:

This is too bad!

BrerGnat
11-04-2008, 02:40 PM
This is why I don't like the DDP. Too many restrictions. I hate having to think that much about what I can/can't eat, how many credits something is going to cost, what I have to pay for out of pocket, etc.

It's so much easier to just eat as you go and pay for what you ACTUALLY eat, and not worry about "eating your money's worth", in my opinion.

TBY2225
11-04-2008, 03:47 PM
We went in September and were told the apples were not included because they are more than $4 but all the other "dipped" items are. We had no problems.

disneyfan328
11-05-2008, 01:29 PM
does anyone know of an updated snack list that may be out there that reflect all of these changes. DH and I were just talking about these the other day and how YUMMY they were. I can't wait to go back and he told me that no matter what - on the DP or not we are budgeting for Goofy no matter:) what but I would still love to be able to use snack credits for these as we are going to go with the QS plan and I am sure will have some snacks left over. The oreo and the pretzels were both so YUMMY!!!! geez now I am hungry and missing WDW :(