PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dinner Package

mjgreenhouse
10-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Has anyone used the dinner package recently? I heard that they have really cut back on the amount of seating in the reserved section - I was wondering if it was still worth doing.

Mickey 101
10-30-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm not sure if I understand your question, but a Fantasmic dinner package reservation guarantees you seating in the reserved section, so it seems like it would still be worth it if you're trying to save time standing in line waiting to find a seat.

Belster
10-31-2008, 12:13 AM
Just did this for the first time last week Thursday. Well the seats are to the right of the stage, my po not the best seats. Anyway, we sat for about 20 minutes to get rained out. When that happens you may not reuse the dinner ticket. We came back Friday 45 minutes before the show and got much better seats in the center 6th row without the dinner package seats. I will not feel the need to do the dinner package again, but I still enjoyed the dinner. I think that it depends on the time of year you go. As far as cutting back on seating I am not sure.

Hope this helps.

WeLuvBuzz
10-31-2008, 07:29 AM
During the busier times it definitely was worth it in the past. I just recently heard thought that they are now sending you through the same entrance as the regular seating now as opposed to coming in by Oscar's Garage by the park entrance. If so, I do not like that change at all as that was one of the perks that you did not have to come in like cattle.

Lynn J Mc
10-31-2008, 09:32 AM
We did the dining package in September and it was the same as always. Entered through Oscar's, same area to sit in. We love it because we don't want to stand in line 45 minutes for the show. We went during free dining but the park attendance was still low. Fantasmic was SRO by the time the show started. Unless something has changed since Sept we will continue to do the Package.

brian2000boston
10-31-2008, 10:27 AM
We did it mid September and we had the private entrance as well. I do not hink this has changed.

I think the location was great. We were off to the right side however, the projection of animation, the boat and wated parts and the physical acting is directly in front of you. do not let the location scare you off, it was GREAT!

Zawadi
10-31-2008, 01:17 PM
We used the dinner package (ate at H&V) at the end of Sept. We went in, via the gates next to the stroller office, 20 mins before the show and had good seats.
On this occassion the theatre was near to full so we felt that the package was worth it.

Natazu
10-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Let me preface this by saying we're never at Disney during peak times, only off-season.

I've never thought the dinner package to be worth doing. I don't like to eat that early or split my appetizer. I don't care much for the seats which are far stage left. When it's about time for Fantasmic!, we just get in line, walk right to the "Mickey" section, go about halfway down, and find seats. It's worked every time.

InLikeSin
10-31-2008, 08:55 PM
We changed one of our ADRs to the dinner package. Do mail you these tickets or do you get them when you check in?

HoosierDisneyFan
10-31-2008, 09:59 PM
You will get your "pass" at the resturant.

Belle94
11-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Are they still running Fantasmic every night? I know they are cutting back but not sure when. We are going in April and it is only showing 2 or 3 times that week so I am thinking the crowds will be crazy and we will need the package. Any thoughts?

DestinationWDW
11-01-2008, 09:50 AM
We did this last week....they have changed how you enter. They now have a "Fast Pass" line and and a "Regular" line. Very smooth and easy. Exiting much easier too. They even had better parking for strollers/racks for hanging umbrella ones! We go every trip and this was the "less cattle" like ever in my opinion. I feel the package is the best way to go. They recommended lining up 45 minutes early, we walked in about 20 minutes before. The reserved seating, as always, is in the Ursula, Evil Queen area, right side of theatre if you are facing the stage. No bad seats - sit further back and not in front if you do not want to get splashed by water! The reserved seating section actually allows you quick exiting too!!!! I saw a lot of people do this - must be Fantasmic repeaters like us! I like to see the ending myself and just sit and let the place empty out a little......:mickey: