PDA

View Full Version : Major Upgrade

FatherForce
10-30-2008, 07:34 PM
So, after we booked 5 nights at PoP with 6 day Parkhoppers and the Dining Plan, a friend of my DW's assistant says she "knows a guy" who has 226 DVC points for sale.

I call the guy, and it seems they pulled points for a cruise and then his wife has to have surgery so they can't take the cruise.

( I checked to make sure he was a DVC owner and met him and got a very good feeling)

He sold me the points for what I believe is VERY cheap, so now we are staying 5 nights at the Poly. With that and buying the Hoppers and Dining Plan, it comes out to ALMOST the same as my 5 night PoP package!!!!

Just wanted to crow a bit, since none of my staff here at work seems to care...:mickey:

SBETigg
10-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Sounds like a great deal! I would have been skeptical, but I'm glad it sounds like it is working out for you. You're right-- a lot of people wouldn't understand but we get it here. :thumbsup: Congratulations! And have an incredible trip.

LittleRoosMommy
10-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Congratulations!! That's awesome! I hope you have a great trip!

Goofy4TheWorld
10-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Okay, I'm confused. I thought DVC points could only be used at the seven DVC resorts. From info central:

There are currently seven DVC resorts : Old Key West, the Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas and the Villas at Wilderness & Animal Kingdom Lodge all located at Walt Disney World, along with Disney's Vero Beach Resort and Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort.

So, how do use points at the Poly? I thought points could only be used at those seven resorts. I assume I am wrong???

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Okay, I'm confused. I thought DVC points could only be used at the seven DVC resorts. From info central:

So, how do use points at the Poly? I thought points could only be used at those seven resorts. I assume I am wrong???

I was wondering the same thing. It sounds like a great deal though.

Did you confirm with the Poly that you actually have reservations and that it is really paid for?

TinkerbellT421
10-30-2008, 10:28 PM
No that is not true completely, you only have 7 resorts to choose where to OWN the points. Those are the only resorts where you can BUY points for...Not too mention theres 9 because you missed Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary and Saratoga Springs Resort. But when you own the points you can use them anywhere for a small fee to use them at the Poly or GF...I THINK its a $100.00 transaction type fee...Let me get my DVC book Ill get the exact figure...But the answer to your question is NO they are not just eligible for those 7 resorts....just like DVC points can be used all over the world...Italy France....I can use them in Maine, new Hampshire...its called "Something" by Disney lol....hold on I have to get my book Ill BRB.
BY THE WAY OP awesome! I am so HAPPY for yoU!!! :cloud9:

TinkerbellT421
10-30-2008, 10:36 PM
ok the fee is $95.00, and it is non-refundable...the allover the world thing is called Adventures by disney...and I have the point chart for the Poly right in front of me but that changes depends on what "view" you get how many bedrooms and what time of the year you go...
For that $95.00 fee you can stay at the following in disney (outside of the "known" DVC resorts)
* Wilderness Resort & Campground
* Contemporary (Not BLT)
* Yacht Club
* Poly
* GF

TinkerbellT421
10-30-2008, 10:38 PM
By the way you can use them at any of the DW in Paris, California, Hong Kong or Tokyo. Caribbean beach Resort, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans, and obviously the Cruise...and the Adventures By Disney list is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too long to start typing lol...but lets just say its all over the world...lol